Thread: Facebook Streaming Error Code 6

Facebook Streaming Error Code 6

Running Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition

Until last week, I was been able to stream to Facebook without much trouble. Now I will occasionally get the following error message after starting the stream:
    Streaming Channel 1: Codec Error 6 Stream Closed When Writing Video

This is an intermittent problem. Sometimes I can start a stream and it works fine, other times it will stop the stream almost immediately and show this error message.

I checked Newtek forums and Google but can’t find any info on this error message. Has anyone out there had any experience with this error code?

I'm using the Stream/Encode function in Tricaster with the Facebook preset. I've tried using the Custom Facebook preset and copy/pasting the stream key from Facebook but still have the same issue.
    Last edited by Kaevwoman; 04-29-2020 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Clarity

I have encountered the same issue on our 410 (just updated after having stream drops on our 460) and have a ticket open with Newtek trying to solve it... Two weeks ago I ran an hour straight during our service and in a follow-up test later that afternoon... A week later we dropped about 4 times, including having my cameras start cutting out... One thing I am trying to isolate is if our internet connection drops each time... We have plenty of speed, but I believe the length of the run with Cat-5 cable might be causing intermittent drops... We are also exploring running a fiber cable straight to our production room.

Not sure if this is part of the problem..... but I was freaking out last month because I read that Facebook needed the RTMPS protocal and I know the older tricasters did not
    have that.... and almost bought a Black Magic Mini Pro since it did do RTMPS.

However, I was relieved to find that Facebook was still taking RTMP.
    I wonder if that has finally been cut off.??
    I use the Tricaster 860. I found that the tricaster would only stream to facebook using a 1280 x 720 project. I would not allow me to have a 1080 project and just set the stream settings to 720P.
    Guess I will have to do a test to see if Facebook is still taking RTMP streams.
    Toasting since 1990
    Tricaster 860AE Owner

You can set it up as a custom stream profile to run RTMPS... I admit we never had issues on the 460 until we had to switch to RTMPS... We think we might have narrowed our issue down to not receiving a steady internet stream... Our feed runs through two switches before it arrives to us only using Cat-5 cable... We are in the process of switching our networking to where a fiber connection runs directly to our production booth.

Quote Originally Posted by brocktmsu View Post
    You can set it up as a custom stream profile to run RTMPS... I admit we never had issues on the 460 until we had to switch to RTMPS... We think we might have narrowed our issue down to not receiving a steady internet stream... Our feed runs through two switches before it arrives to us only using Cat-5 cable... We are in the process of switching our networking to where a fiber connection runs directly to our production booth.
    Last week we had a similar problem, at the beginning of this week we have installed 1gbs in the office, at the moment we have no problems.