Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: Rotating Nodal textures

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    4,211
    I updated DP Kit 2018,
    Several tool nodes were limited to Object or World coordinates Mapping due to a limitation with LW pre-2018,
    I added UV Coordinates choice for applying effect with ObjectUV Mapping in the following tool nodes:
    Move, Rotate, Twist, Mirror, Tile, Deformer, BlurFilter, Averaged, SplineMap, ScalarBump.


    Denis.

  2. #17
    Registered User Dennik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Winston Salem NC
    Posts
    224
    Hey Denis. Now that I see you here, I wanted to ask: the iteminfo node from dp kit, does not report any values on mouse over (when output monitoring is enabled) when it is set on "self". Is this something that can be fixed?

  3. #18
    Curmudgeon in Training Ma3rk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Near Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    2,033
    Quote Originally Posted by dpont View Post
    I updated DP Kit 2018,
    Several tool nodes were limited to Object or World coordinates Mapping due to a limitation with LW pre-2018,
    I added UV Coordinates choice for applying effect with ObjectUV Mapping in the following tool nodes:
    Move, Rotate, Twist, Mirror, Tile, Deformer, BlurFilter, Averaged, SplineMap, ScalarBump.


    Denis.
    Thanks Denis. I'll check them out later today.
    Earth can't be flat otherwise cats would have pushed everything off the edge!

    The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core

  4. #19
    Curmudgeon in Training Ma3rk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Near Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    2,033
    Finally figure out the issue. Seems I needed to update DP Filter as well. That gave me the inputs. And that did work but still no tiling control but maybe with a bit more experimentation.

    Thanks Denis. Really appreciate this.
    Earth can't be flat otherwise cats would have pushed everything off the edge!

    The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core

  5. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennik View Post
    ... the iteminfo node from dp kit, does not report any values on mouse over (when output monitoring is enabled) when it is set on "self". Is this something that can be fixed?
    May be, but not sure if the current item ID is returned in nodal preview context.


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    ... but still no tiling control....
    With nodal input, but with panel?

    Denis.

  6. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    162
    Hi Denis,

    I was playing around with the UV rotate thing you built and noticed a few things:

    - When using the Image Map node from DP Kit the U Tiles and V Tiles are set to integers. It would be handy to have them as scalars because of finetuning and values less than 1.
    - I also noticed that the textures in the preview window appear darker than should be (Linear colour space?).
    - Is it possible to have a Projection input added in the Image Map node? (Makes selecting a certain UV map and U/V Tiles/Offset easier with multiple nodes)
    - I tried to use the Material input/output and rotate the whole material but couldn't get that to work --> It does not show the material at all in the renderer

    And lastly, do you know why the (Standard LW) Image node can output texture maps all the way through to OpenGL and the Image Map node from DP Kit cannot? It would be handy if it could for quick previewing the texture in OpenGL. See also the thread I raised here: https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...with-ImageNode

  7. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by peebeearr View Post
    Hi Denis,

    I was playing around with the UV rotate thing you built and noticed a few things:

    - When using the Image Map node from DP Kit the U Tiles and V Tiles are set to integers. It would be handy to have them as scalars because of finetuning and values less than 1.
    - I also noticed that the textures in the preview window appear darker than should be (Linear colour space?).
    - Is it possible to have a Projection input added in the Image Map node? (Makes selecting a certain UV map and U/V Tiles/Offset easier with multiple nodes)
    - I tried to use the Material input/output and rotate the whole material but couldn't get that to work --> It does not show the material at all in the renderer

    And lastly, do you know why the (Standard LW) Image node can output texture maps all the way through to OpenGL and the Image Map node from DP Kit cannot? It would be handy if it could for quick previewing the texture in OpenGL. See also the thread I raised here: https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...with-ImageNode
    The recent material input/output in Rotale Tool node was locked, this has been fixed.

    About Image Map node, first and again it is not for replacing the native Image node,
    it is for changing frame index on the fly in an image sequence, or image scanning,
    not optimized yet for current image mapping, because also stats slown down things,
    so no OpenGL material override and I'm not sure with Projection input.

    Thanks for report,
    Denis.

  8. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by dpont View Post
    The recent material input/output in Rotale Tool node was locked, this has been fixed.

    About Image Map node, first and again it is not for replacing the native Image node,
    it is for changing frame index on the fly in an image sequence, or image scanning,
    not optimized yet for current image mapping, because also stats slown down things,
    so no OpenGL material override and I'm not sure with Projection input.

    Thanks for report,
    Denis.
    Hi Denis,

    Sorry, I misunderstood. In your documentation it says that it mimics LW Image node (with some extra time options) so that's why my comments.

    Material input/output works like a charm now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •