Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LW2020 + Plugins

LW2020 + Plugins

So I started testing plugins for LW2020...

Many plugin are broken, also there seem to be some changes with Codepages, there are encoding errors.

Maybe this thread could be used to post plugin updates (which ones work over time).

So far I've tested

Layout:
    - RHiggit Pro --> not working (see screenshot below)
    - TFD --> not working when trying to render (see screenshot below)
    - OD Substance Reader --> seems not to work but maybe an issue on my end - can someone confirm? (see screenshot below)
    - OD UberPass --> seems to work basically, just some encoding issues with the Umlauts (see screenshot below)
    - OD Pie Menu --> works
    - OD Tools 2015/2012019 --> too many to be tested, but some I tested do work
    - RR Tools --> seems to work
    - 3rd Powers PaintWeights --> doesn't work, weight paint is immediately lost when releasing the mouse
    - db&w Spline Tools --> seems to work
    - db&w qckHud / qckPck --> couldn't activate my license
    - db&w NodeMeister --> couldn't activate my license
    - DP plugins --> not tested

Modeler:
    - LWCAD 2018 --> works
    - 3rd Powers LWBrush --> works
    - 3rd Powers MetaMesh --> works
    - 3rd Powers HeatShrink+ --> works
    - QuadPanels --> works
    - PxBezier --> works
    - QuickBolt --> works
    - Rope Editor Plus --> seems not to work, Rope Manager there's an error message

I hope the many non-working plugins will be updated!

- - - Updated - - -

Attachment 147465

Attachment 147466

Attachment 147467

Attachment 147468

Mine RopeEditor works fine in LW2020. I have just used it. I bought it recently, be sure you have the last version.

TFD build 1427 works on Mac and renders, but as pointed out in another thread, lights have no effect on the smoke shader, with Fire off.

My previous tests with StarPro 2.2 indicated it worked.
    It did in an empty scene.
    If I try to add it with an object......not working

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RaptorNoStars.png 
Views:	113 
Size:	704.4 KB 
ID:	147469Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RaptorStars.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	147470

The other bizarre thing is VPR shows render ok (starpro doesn't show, never has), but render shows ship barely visible......?
    Last edited by Markc; 04-26-2020 at 08:12 AM.
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.14 RX580 Pulse LW2020 CSculpt NMotion
    (plugins: LWCad 2020, TFD 1443, Syflex 2018, StarPro 2020, ExrTrader 2020, Ubercam 2.0, Daz Mocap, DP Light 2020, Quadpanels 1.5)

Frequenter
    Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    - OD Substance Reader --> seems not to work but maybe an issue on my end - can someone confirm? (see screenshot below)
    - OD Tools 2015/2012019 --> too many to be tested, but some I tested do work
    - 3rd Powers PaintWeights --> doesn't work, weight paint is immediately lost when releasing the mouse
    OD Substance Reader --> works for me (LW 2020.0, Win10 Enterprise 1809)
    ODTools --> According to Oliver Hotz, there are about 20 of the odd 500 Plugins that are broken (Have yet to encounter those...) and thatīs supposedly a bug that (he was told by a beta tester) the developers are about to fix...
    3rd Powers PaintWeights 106 --> works for me, no problems keeping the painted weights so far... (LW 2020.0, Win10 Enterprise 1809)

in regards to the db & w plugins, have not yet tested many myself but they do a recompile of all of them that will be avialable for a "small fee". Some may work anyways but they say on discord they do it as you might encounter some oddities... :-\

Quote Originally Posted by next_n00b View Post
    Mine RopeEditor works fine in LW2020. I have just used it. I bought it recently, be sure you have the last version.
    Thanks! I'll check.

Syflex seems to work, opened one of the example scenes.
    (plugins: LWCad 2020, TFD 1443, Syflex 2018, StarPro 2020, ExrTrader 2020, Ubercam 2.0, Daz Mocap, DP Light 2020, Quadpanels 1.5)

Deep Rising FX 3.0 appears to be working but I haven't got a full handle on using it in LW2019 yet, so ......
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Frequenter
    Might be of interest: https://youtu.be/Ft5OEd1PYaw - by Mambo/DarkChief himself

Quote Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
    Might be of interest: https://youtu.be/Ft5OEd1PYaw - by Mambo/DarkChief himself
    Many thanks for the link. I will have to investigate this later. With Mambo/DarkChief still only running LW2018, compatibility with the latest version of LW has been a concern.

P.S. Funny thing, that is actually a very useful Deep Rising Tutorial in its own right
    Last edited by Qexit; 04-26-2020 at 11:36 AM.
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

So I started testing plugins for LW2020...

Many plugin are broken, also there seem to be some changes with Codepages, there are encoding errors.

Maybe this thread could be used to post plugin updates (which ones work over time).
    They bumped a lot of the interface versions for the UTF8 upgrades (Unicode-handling), that's probably responsible for the many plugin issues. They'd stated that prior plugin compatibility should be maintained, but apparently there are holes/bugs.

I've asked for a "Fixed Bugs / Known Issues" doc be posted for LW2020(.0), but I'm not holding my breath for that.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Thanks guys!

I guess it will take a while for some plugins to be compatible, but that's not different for new versions of other apps.

Hopefully Rebel Hill and Jawset will provide updates. Weird about PaintWeights, works well on 2019 but not 2020 for me yet, but I will now create a separate 3rdparty2020 folder for the new LW version.

cinematic weirdo

LW2020 TFD 1.0 Build 1439 and StarPro 2.2 do not work right now. No rendering.

Quote Originally Posted by Markc View Post
    TFD build 1427 works on Mac and renders, but as pointed out in another thread, lights have no effect on the smoke shader, with Fire off.

My previous tests with StarPro 2.2 indicated it worked.
    It did in an empty scene.
    If I try to add it with an object......not working

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RaptorNoStars.png 
Views:	113 
Size:	704.4 KB 
ID:	147469Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RaptorStars.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	147470

The other bizarre thing is VPR shows render ok (starpro doesn't show, never has), but render shows ship barely visible......?
    Hi Markc !

Okay.
    I switched to this thread.
    Makes more sense by now ;-)

Yes.
    StarPro 2.2 does not work on windows too.
    No renders of objects or star fields.

Dan is aware of the issue and looks into this.

TFD 1.0 Build 1439 appears in GL viewport but VPR does not start and any attempt to render crashes layout.

Jascha is informed.

So let's hope for the best.

Regards
    Marcus
    Digital Cinema, Motion Control, VFX . . . cine-vfx.com/

Frequenter
    Thanks guys!

I guess it will take a while for some plugins to be compatible, but that's not different for new versions of other apps.

Hopefully Rebel Hill and Jawset will provide updates. Weird about PaintWeights, works well on 2019 but not 2020 for me yet, but I will now create a separate 3rdparty2020 folder for the new LW version.
    Did you download the latest version of PaintWeights? Itīs on 1.06 and supposedly 2020-compatible according to 3rdPowers website.
    For what itīs worth: I have all 3rdParty plugins in a dedicated mapped network drive that all LW installations (2015,2019 and now 2020) use.

Have you tried an older build of TFD.
    I know on Mac the latest build (I think 1434 on Mac) didn’t work in 2019, so I stayed with the old version.

Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    TFD 1.0 Build 1439 appears in GL viewport but VPR does not start and any attempt to render crashes layout.

Jascha is informed.

So let's hope for the best.

Regards
    Marcus
    Mine TFD renders black in VPR and F9, and doesn't crash Layout. I am on Win7.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast