View Poll Results: What Human character creator software do you use to complement lightwave?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daz studio

6 35.29%
  • Poser

4 23.53%
  • Make human

5 29.41%
  • Iclone

5 29.41%
  • Other

5 29.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What Human character creator software do you use to complement lightwave?

What Human character creator software do you use to complement lightwave?

Just curious..

If you do ..what human 3D character creation tool do you use for rapid figure creation?
    This poll refers to the kind of software that makes characters with a button click and that can be posed and customized especially with that in mind, so no answers of..I do my models by modeling from scratch fits in this poll.

quidam

I used to use Quidam but it doesn’t work anymore o n my Mac. I sometimes still use the Steam version of Fuse, though. If not, then MakeHuman.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrot View Post
    quidam
    Yes, that was the one, I had a demo running for quite a while, but then they discountinued it..and I then forgot what the name was for it when I was about to add more options.
    It was darn nice to deform the shapes with, adn weight paint and some other things.

There´s also fuse and mixamo I think.

perhaps I should have mentioned bastionis character creator for blender, personally I stopped using it due to the authors censur phobia of private parts and it tended to be a bit slow to create it all, not sure how the status is now
    on that one, he stopped developed I think, but others took over?

cinematic weirdo
    Hi Prometheus !

I use Character Creator 3 Pipeline from Reallusion for doing human 3d characters.

https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/

Works quite well and is easy to use.
    Good base mesh with slider morphing to shape the character.
    The rig is usable for MoCap and animation.

Add the HeadShot plug-in for photo based heads.
    https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/headshot/

Regards

Marcus
    Last edited by mch; 04-24-2020 at 09:12 AM. Reason: typos
    Digital Cinema, Motion Control, VFX . . . cine-vfx.com/

When I upgraded my iClone with 3DXchange suite a while back, it came with Character Creator 3 Pipeline and some support tools. I've only dabbled with the CC3 program but it's very responsive and produced pretty decent results for what little time I spent. I haven't used CC3 seriously yet though...just haven't had a professional need to create realistic humans in a long time.

However, I recently got 2 Azure Kinect sensors to use with iPi Mocap Studio and I'm thinking of using CC3 to create a character for a mocap test soon. I'll post test results in my B2 thread when I have something interesting to show.

Also there is currently a 50% discount on character generator with coupon COVID19STAYSAFE

Makehuman, Daz Studio here. Got an old copy of Poser for older figures, too.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Oh, yeah, Makehuman! Almost forgot that one.

I used Makehuman to create a digital stunt doubles for a couple of Asylum films back when I was freelancing. I didn't need 'close up' detail for the actors and and I needed results fast, and Makehuman got the modeling part done for me quickly. And it's free too!

I haven't used Makehuman since 2015 I guess but I just looked at the website and development still seems very active.