Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightwave 2020

Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
    There are example scenes provided in the 2020 content. If you already downloaded it before yesterday, you might need to re-download.

B
    Thanks, I will check.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    I haven't had any problems. Maybe try downloading it again to get a fresh exe.
    The fix was to spam download until I got an archive that wasn't corrupted.
    Last edited by jimzombie; 04-28-2020 at 08:44 PM.

Two machines....Two results

Ok so I've noticed a big issue with scenes....

I loaded itens from an older scene, fixed lights, etc and had a fairly decent render.... VPR shows some blotches but they seem to go away at final render...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Room2020-Laptop-2.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	738.4 KB 
ID:	147511 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Room2020-Laptop-Layout.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	273.6 KB 
ID:	147515

I took the scene to my Threadripper with 32 cores, to see just how fast the scene is on it and...well...it was totally screwed up...the final render is completely blown out....VPR shows extreme blotchiness, which also appears (if you arent blinded by the image you can see it) in the final render.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Room2020-Threadripper.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	386.6 KB 
ID:	147513 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Room2020Threadripper-Layout.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	263.3 KB 
ID:	147514

The settings are the same in both instances....

I tried every setting I could and was unable to get the render to behave the same on both machines. Has anyone else had this issue?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Room2020-Laptop-Layout.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	147512  
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

Quote Originally Posted by lwanmtr View Post
    Ok so I've noticed a big issue with scenes....

I loaded itens from an older scene, fixed lights, etc and had a fairly decent render.... VPR shows some blotches but they seem to go away at final render...
    I took the scene to my Threadripper with 32 cores, to see just how fast the scene is on it and...well...it was totally screwed up...the final render is completely blown out....VPR shows extreme blotchiness, which also appears (if you arent blinded by the image you can see it) in the final render.
    The settings are the same in both instances....
    Have you confirmed settings like tonemapping, noise reduction, CS pref settings and pixel/image filter settings are all identical? I know they "should be", but are they?
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Yeah, everything is setup the same on both machines. I always make sure to set defaults on new installs, keyboard shortcuts, etc.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube

Does this happen on other scenes?

Yeah, everything is setup the same on both machines. I always make sure to set defaults on new installs, keyboard shortcuts, etc.
    If you're using the new tonemapping, you might want to try "re-applying" the setting on both machines. It's possible it's being saved in the scene but incorrectly loaded (or vice versa). Also, don't forget to compare to see if the new environment (light) settings are same on both.

All else fails, never hurts to reboot, and/or perhaps use LFS into a new scene to do essentially a "binary search" for what aspect of the scene is causing the difference.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

I dont use tonemapping in LW, so thats not an issue

Yup, env light is the same..I checked all that. I even tried load from scene. to make sure no plugins, etc were being applied from the older scene file.

I did make a simple scene yestarday checking the gi blotches...forgot to drag it to laptop, so I'll grab that tomorrow to see if it renders better on laptop.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube

That looks like an irradiance cache issue. Did you do an irradiance bake on the first one, and not copy it over to the second machine?
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Wasnt baked on either render. It is an Iradiance cache issue.

If I set primary to Brute Force and secondary to Iradiance Cache, it reduces the amount of blotches, but they are still there. Setting both primary and secondary to Iradiance amplifies the problem on the Threadripper.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube

Generally speaking, most of my scenes look like this, which I upload in 2020. I have to lower the brightness level of the light sources etc.

Yeah, I went through all the lights in the scene and got them looking right. The laptop renders just fine, the problem is when I take the scene to another machine.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube

Are you able to share the scene?
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by lardbros View Post
    Are you able to share the scene?
    if worried about content, just make a copy of scene and objects, then just reduce the objects or swap for cubes in modeller and save

If I set primary to Brute Force and secondary to Iradiance Cache, it reduces the amount of blotches, but they are still there. Setting both primary and secondary to Iradiance amplifies the problem on the Threadripper.
    so have you not set a cache, from what I understand renders will be bad until you do, you need one for both primary and secondary for it to work properly and done in the correct order, and if you move to another PC you would also need to bring the temp/cache directory and also make sure the second pc had the same directories as far as I can see, if you don't bake one it may bake a temp one in the LWtemp folder during the pre process, which if you move scene to another pc, it might think its there but not (im just guessing by the way but I think moving irradiance scenes could be tricky) and as far as I can see the bakes can build up so if at any time you did bake anything for the scene, its likely even turning it off it could still reference the cache, again probably not if you move the scene to another PC,

- - - Updated - - -

so have you not set a cache, from what I understand renders will be bad until you do, you need one for both primary and secondary for it to work properly and done in the correct order, and if you move to another PC you would also need to bring the temp/cache directory and also make sure the second pc had the same directories as far as I can see, if you don't bake one it may bake a temp one in the LWtemp folder during the pre process, which if you move scene to another pc, it might think its there but not (im just guessing by the way but I think moving irradiance scenes could be tricky) and as far as I can see the bakes can build up so if at any time you did bake anything for the scene, its likely even turning it off it could still reference the cache, again probably not if you move the scene to another PC,
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast