Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightwave 2020

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

The weight painting display and ease of use with metamorphic is horrible.
    First they need to adress how this tool is found and accessed, what th.e...hiding it in the add modifier dropdown list, why didnīt they simply make a button for it? and a sculpt/paint menu?
    Next introduce a proper weight display, similar to modeler or blenders openGL visualization, this they could have adressed for this 2020 release rather than embarking on render status control over the cellular phone.

I just donīt think they have the right focus..
    This! +1

In my opinion, probably the worst update Ivé seen..since lw 10
    I would have to agree. It's definitely the lightest update since LW 10. That's why I don't think many will dish out the $495 USD for it but I think it's likely worthwhile at $295 for those with charter pricing.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Then again, the most interesting of 3rd powers tools isnīt the sculpting in my opinion, itīs metamesh and some booleans in there and decal/heatshrink...that (at least metamesh) isnīt something you pull out in blender with the same ease I think, not with the works in subpatch mode and ease of use.
    Metamesh is good, forget the Booleans from 3rd Powers, get BoxCutter and HardOps instead! You'll not regret it.

Edit: If one works in Modeler, LWBrush is also good, it's just not sculpting but helps smoothing or shaping meshes. Heatshrink+ and 3D Sticker from 3rd Powers are also ok.

For high end sculpting, LW's geometry is probably too weak, for good sculpting it requires sculpting layers, detail layers, masking and various brushes seen in other apps.
    Last edited by Marander; 04-25-2020 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    I would have to agree. It's definitely the lightest update since LW 10. That's why I don't think many will dish out the $495 USD for it but I think it's likely worthwhile at $295 for those with charter pricing.

Id agree...Im not sure I would if I had to pay the $495..at least not until its bug free with whatever other new things that might be in 2020.1 or whatever.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

What's a little disconcerting is that there is absolutely no one from the LW side of NT talking about 2020. (Steve doesn't count) Easing fears, talking about the "engineering updates" and why they are so important before we can move on. And that effort will be revealed in LW2020.1 that we plan to release this summer. The apparent failure of this release is not on the devs, I'm sure they have done tonnes of work under the hood, unfortunately we can't see it and nobody from NT is talking about it.

Yeah - I'm fairly certain we will upgrade, if nothing else to keep the $295 upgrade price forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    What's a little disconcerting is that there is absolutely no one from the LW side of NT talking about 2020. (Steve doesn't count)
    Sorry, which Steve do you mean - Bowie or Burns, since there will be a LW2020 Roundtable discussion tomorrow hosted by Stephen Burns..

10am-1pm...Would be nice to check it out..not sure I can make it.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Sorry, which Steve do you mean - Bowie or Burns, since there will be a LW2020 Roundtable discussion tomorrow hosted by Stephen Burns..
    AFAIK, Stephen Burns is not an NT employee. So this would mean Bowie.
    Curtis Rhoads

Desktop: Win10 x64 | i7 3.4GHz | 32GB RAM | GeForce GTX970
    Laptop: Win10 x64 | i7 2.3GHz | 8GB RAM | GeForce GT650M
    Desktop: iMac | i7 3.5GHz | 8GB RAM | GeForce GTX 780M

Faster Denoise - Neat

LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    What's a little disconcerting is that there is absolutely no one from the LW side of NT talking about 2020. (Steve doesn't count) Easing fears, talking about the "engineering updates" and why they are so important before we can move on. And that effort will be revealed in LW2020.1 that we plan to release this summer. The apparent failure of this release is not on the devs, I'm sure they have done tonnes of work under the hood, unfortunately we can't see it and nobody from NT is talking about it.
    I'm going to assume there will be a large update to Modeler eventually but it would be nice if they told us that there is much more in the works than what is apparent in LW 2020 so far. I wonder if Matt Gorner is still on the team? I haven't seen him post here is a while.

I thought 2019 was pretty good update. It was very stable compared to 2018. They squashed a lot of bugs. The changes in there weren't huge, but they were good.
    This one? I haven't come to terms with it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    Faster Denoise - Neat

They should be adding this to the marketing and feature list if it is indeed faster.

I think upgrade pricing should be like the following:

$295 for those upgrading from 2019
    $395 for those upgrading from 2018
    $495 for those upgrading from 2015 and older versions.

This kind of upgrade pricing tier would make way more sense to me.
    remember the $495 is only for the next 30 days..it's a discount...after that i guess it will resume it's usual price point of $695
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by ilanvfs View Post
    This video sums it up actually. I don’t know of any rig that does this out of the box in other applications

https://youtu.be/-wNx3hhAJt4
    3ds max 1.0 with character studio biped rig - 1996 24 years ago.

5 mins in shows ik/fk back in 2007

Last edited by cresshead; 04-25-2020 at 05:27 PM.
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast