Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightwave 2020

Quote Originally Posted by next_n00b View Post
    This one is interesting... https://docs.lightwave3d.com/lw2020/...lation-systems

Does this mean that we will see particles and bullet see each other?
    Probably not immediately, but it sure looks like they are laying the groundwork for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    Question - For example the Hero scene from 2019 (PBR folder), looks different (more flat in my opinion) even though it already contains an Environment light and the background is not rendered.

The render time is longer in 2020 with less image quality. How can this be corrected in 2020?
    This? https://docs.lightwave3d.com/lw2020/...0/tone-mapping

I just downloaded the 2020 trial (no money to buy it yet)..and I havent tired it, but here is my small impression based on the new features list...

LW2020 is kind of the same upgrade LW10 was...yeah, a few new features and changes that are nice..but nothing earth shattering....but then LW11 and 11.5 came which had major rewrites on alot of things, including renderer (ok, we'll gloss over that Modeler saw little imporvements for now)...

So its possible that 2020, like 10 is more of a 'we gotta release something' version while finishing work on 2020.5 or whatever.

Anyhow..thats just kinda my take on it. And now...off to play with a trial version....lol
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

Quote Originally Posted by hypersuperduper View Post
    there's quite a lot the manual has to say about how to use the new renderer. perhaps a good place to start. seems like a very different beast yet again, but still pbr.

https://docs.lightwave3d.com/lw2020/...ounce-plug-ins
    Yes indeed. Seems to give more control in finding the right combination of Brute force and Cache. Would have been good if there were some Render Presets to start with!

"LightWave's unbiased Brute Force type is a new implementation based on Monte Carlo but decoupled from the Interpolated version of the engine. Using Brute Force on its own will result in long render times, but there will be no blotchiness, only noise if too few rays are used."

Yes indeed. Seems to give more control in finding the right combination of Brute force and Cache. Would have been good if there were some Render Presets to start with!

"LightWave's unbiased Brute Force type is a new implementation based on Monte Carlo but decoupled from the Interpolated version of the engine. Using Brute Force on its own will result in long render times, but there will be no blotchiness, only noise if too few rays are used."
    presets have never been one of lightwaves strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by hypersuperduper View Post
    Probably not immediately, but it sure looks like they are laying the groundwork for that.
    I see this as a hint what they are doing. Because there is no big reason why add one new window with only bullet on the list

Yes, I agree. I noticed the double clicking in Scene Editor 2020 to open the Properties panel, that's useful.
    That feature has been there since 2015.
    It's not new.

This one is interesting... https://docs.lightwave3d.com/lw2020/...lation-systems

Yes, once they add a particle system that supports it.

As an example, right now, the SDK is opened up for third party devs of simulation systems to support this. So... currently, the only supported system in LW is Bullet... however, what if we can convince the developers of Syflex (superfast cloth simulation system) to do a LW2020 version with this new SDK in mind.... we could have Bullet and Syflex to interract with eachother.

Wouldn't that be cool, eh?

What it really means is that LW is starting to open up for huge potential regarding simulations.
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by RPSchmidt View Post
    ^This. This is exactly what I am hoping for... that they are continuing work on a much larger set of features that, to date, they have not been able to complete but are still intent on delivery.
    ROFLMAO!!!

"They mistreated me the last ten times, but I just know they'll give me what I want next time!"

Good luck with that.
    Last edited by jwiede; 04-23-2020 at 03:41 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by Hail View Post
    It's not new.
    OK... didn't work in 2019 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail View Post
    It's not new.
    Ouch... I was hoping they had added that to the CTRL+F1 scene editor.... who, in their right mind, are still using the old scene-editor? Why are we still having two of them? Oh well...
    Cinematics Department
    -----
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Cageman View Post
    Yes, once they add a particle system that supports it.

As an example, right now, the SDK is opened up for third party devs of simulation systems to support this. So... currently, the only supported system in LW is Bullet... however, what if we can convince the developers of Syflex (superfast cloth simulation system) to do a LW2020 version with this new SDK in mind.... we could have Bullet and Syflex to interract with eachother.

Wouldn't that be cool, eh?

What it really means is that LW is starting to open up for huge potential regarding simulations.
    Theoretically Syflex will became slower waiting for bullet to calculate itself

Thanks, yes that does the trick, ACES Filmic with Exposure 1.5 looks pretty good.

Also when adding the Textured Environment in the Environment Light and choosing "Visible to Camera", the background displays as expected.

No need to think about it at night before sleeping, nor during the day..cause it won┤t save your projects a bit.
    forget about it till it is implemented.

But it is one of the major things I think they need to get fixed ASAP, and that means gas solver pushing particles, bullet wind and other forces pushing the gas solver and particles..that would be a total unified simulation environment which blender already has today, the smoke solver in blender pushes the particles (so called particle advection) and an implementation of this to work in Lightwave would also enhanced turbulenceFD perhaps, but then you got these forces rewritten or use bullet forces as well for it to work unified with this.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    (so called particle advection)
    I am quite sure I read they added that to the VDB tools in this version. Or did I miss-read perhaps?

EDIT: https://docs.lightwave3d.com/lw2020/...ct-points-node
    Last edited by Cageman; 04-23-2020 at 03:30 PM.
    Cinematics Department
    -----
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast