Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightwave 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Other NewTek products since over 3 years ago.
    Good to be busy. I take it you'll jump in on the LW side of things when the need arises or are you out of the circle altogether?
    Tim Parsons

Nice to hear your still there.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Ah..there you are,
    Matt...if you are allowed to and have the time ..considering working with other products.

Do you recall what it was called that was needed for the UI in Lightwave to have multiple selected values and change them all at once? you mentioned it long time ago, but I canīt recall it and find it.
    Scaling or changin values for x-y-z, like for a procedural texture, or an emitters size and much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    Good to be busy. I take it you'll jump in on the LW side of things when the need arises or are you out of the circle altogether?
    Nice he is there and busy but I would take that to mean that there is nobody doing UX/UI on LW anymore. Makes me think the dev is down to skeleton crew with minimal effort until things fizzle out.

Can you read that another way ?

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    Nice he is there and busy but I would take that to mean that there is nobody doing UX/UI on LW anymore. Makes me think the dev is down to skeleton crew with minimal effort until things fizzle out.

Yes, it can be read as...they have another person in responsible for that.
    Whatever we choose to believe isnīt necessarely defining the reading of it as the truth. (even though my thoughts is the same as yours)

I did presume this had happened.
    I hope one day we'll get you back onto LightWave somehow, but understand the reasons why.

Would be nice if you could help out in some cases though, as I think the LightWave UX and UI could do with your eyes looking upon it!
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    I don't know if this was posted already.

That video by RR is exactly how you make a promotional video for a product, it sells.
    the execution is outstanding and the delivery is perfect.

that's how you market software.

take note!
    Last edited by OnlineRender; 05-05-2020 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineRender View Post
    That video by RR is exactly how you make a promotional video for a product, it sells.
    the execution is outstanding and the delivery is perfect.

take note!
    Ryan Roye makes excellent videos but his choice of props always makes me raise an eyebrow. Chicken robot and giant fedora.... ok... sure why not.

Quote Originally Posted by hypersuperduper View Post
    Ryan Roye makes excellent videos but his choice of props always makes me raise an eyebrow. Chicken robot and giant fedora.... ok... sure why not.
    Agree..I think his presenting voice may only be matched by William Vaughan, and Ryan has a great selling pitch in how he describes things, but as you say..the props could be of a little flashier style I think, but perhaps itīs his style of things...or if it is about the other tools and not about the actual props itself, so he uses the simpler stuff in order to not distract from what he presents.

I love Ryan's videos... even learnt something new. NEVER knew that Gimbal Lock fixing thing was even added... how did I miss that?

Definitely a nice promotional piece and I find his voice interesting to listen to, which is always good. I sort of think he should become a full-time voiceover artist, he could make a decent wage I reckon.
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Agree..I think his presenting voice may only be matched by William Vaughan, and Ryan has a great selling pitch in how he describes things, but as you say..the props could be of a little flashier style I think, but perhaps itīs his style of things...or if it is about the other tools and not about the actual props itself, so he uses the simpler stuff in order to not distract from what he presents.
    its not NOT distracting, though. I'm not really complaining, i enjoy the quirkiness, and tbh my videos aren't short on goofy props either.

Quote Originally Posted by lardbros View Post
    I love Ryan's videos... even learnt something new. NEVER knew that Gimbal Lock fixing thing was even added... how did I miss that?

Definitely a nice promotional piece and I find his voice interesting to listen to, which is always good. I sort of think he should become a full-time voiceover artist, he could make a decent wage I reckon.

it was quietly added in a point update. 2019.1 i think. rotofix.

there is no sanctuary....
    Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post

He's been off it for 3 years and you didn't know. The fact that you now know about it means it's on its last legs. Really?
    Bill Carey

3900X 3.79
    Win10 Pro 64bit
    32gig Ram
    AMD 5700XT 8gb 20.4.2
    LW 2020.02 x64
    Space Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carey View Post
    He's been off it for 3 years and you didn't know. The fact that you now know about it means it's on its last legs. Really?
    Itīs only what he suspect, nothing wrong in that...and followed by a question if others suspects the same, and from what we have seen,
    nothing seem to have been declared about new devs to deal with it, and as what can be seen for the UI, Not much seems to change over within the UI, not much that is for over 3 years.

So yes..you can read in to whatever you do to that..and nothing else really as for information that helps to avoid such suspicions.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlineRender View Post

take note!
    O..yah, his a great presenter for sure, but thatīs how to market software?...
    Not fully..I would say it should contain pretty much all the features, at least named, there was nothing about some other features in there, which is quite important like tonemapping.
    It is possible he just went through what he felt was important and perhaps not covered already in the Lightwave pages.

But otherwise, for me I though the release felt thin, and as such ..not having all that other stuff in the overview doesnīt make the release looking more substancial, so..well that doesnīt reach how to market software to itīs fullest extent in my opinion, itīs a good demonstration though.

If you got some moves to raise the game, donīt hide it..show it up and dazzle with it.
    Makes me think if itīs lack of time, or the fear of presenting something too lengthy..and the same goes for Newteks feature presentation where they leave out smaller things, that potentionally can make a huge difference.

So not sure why it all just canīt be put in to print to a large canvas for all to get the Big picture.

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast