Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 667

Thread: Lightwave 2020

  1. #586
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Slo
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by OFF View Post
    I'm fairly sure that some of these new LightWave core features are going to help in the future Octane plugin development, and there are more new features not listed there, like the API to support viewport rendering from external engines, etc.
    This is most likely very important for Octane. Check the GPU memory consumption in Layout. If you load 2GB geometry into the Layout and start Octane IPR you will see that the occupied GPU memory most likely exceeds 6GB (Octane itself consumes 4GB). Your GPU memory gets full quite fast. Well, this is not the case in well integrated third-party renders in Blender like ProRender. If you switch from Cycles to ProRender your occupied GPU memory stays about the same (roughly 2GB in this case). I think Juanjo is saying that in the future we will see a similar behavior in LW Octane if IPR will not be needed anymore.

  2. #587
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    16,786
    Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    tested and sent you a reply


    Thanks erikals, I got notifications about it, and I also replied through that forum page to see if you will be notified when I reply.
    Weīll see if I can make use of it ..sort things up to what should be there and what not, before I maybe ..just maybe puts it up more publicly.

    For those wondering, I am just testing my own free forum page with the help of erikals, some lightwave topics etc.
    Perhaps even a Lightwave & you know what section to be allowed, with rules on behaving in terms of not going over excesse to put the software down ..just recognizing the various strengths and limits...
    Like if that would be succesful who knows, depends on people using it and what their intentions are..and I can always block out those not following it..so I would have to make those rules clear.

    Personally I have no troubles of discussing the ins and outs of these two favourite programs, but I can not do that in these forums...and I canīt be content with this forums rules for how to debate either...so maybe
    I start this up ..if thereīs interest.
    I would also put out critics that can be harsh when it comes to wether or not I think a software may go the wrong way for some development, but with the notion to have a decent tone about it..if possible, perhaps later I may seek advice from the elderly wise men, such as Sbowie

    That said..not sure how much passion I will have to start it up..considering that I will change focus a little more now towards another software, weīll see..I will still jump in and wrestle various tasks with lw 2019 anyway.

    And again..I am ranting..fix these forums please, itīs 2020 now, for the users here anyway...I myself will try and shut down the activity here.

    The other you know what forums... is much easier to work with when uploading images, it works with larger image sizes, it can handle vimeo embedding...these newtek forums can not.
    And perhaps throw in some adnet with images on interesting new plugins etc..just to support third party devs, though it may be questionable how much new stuff will be for lightwave, or perhaps tricaster..though I rather would se a better split from the other products




    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	forum test.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	147599

  3. #588
    Always cool to have new places to discuss things
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

  4. #589
    LW Watcher
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,574
    It's kind of ironic starting a LW forum when you plan to use LW less.

    I think you're wasting your time, but it may mean less orange on black here (that is bright).

    Just stay here and forget the B word.
    Last edited by pauland; 05-02-2020 at 02:24 PM.

  5. #590
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    16,786
    Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    It's kind of ironic starting a LW forum when you plan to use LW less.

    I think you're wasting your time, but it may mean less orange on black here (that is bright).

    Just stay here and forget the B word.
    Yes it is..but you did see that also said I may not continue with it ..right?
    You do realize I started that forum long before the release of 2020 which sort of made my mind up...I started it in februari, but just as a test.

    considering I need to focus on something else..didnīt you? depends on what I got on my agenda, and how Lightwave 2019 works for me VS how much I can adapt to something else...as well as interest from other users to engage in a new forum.

    Initially I made that only to check how good thumbs for galleries could be made, and checking if vimeo embedding was possible, which it is..both on my free forum, and it works on other forums..but not here.
    Motivation to drop the activity here from ny side.. is partly now the latest 2020 release, as well as the long standing neglectance of this forum, and with newteks clear stated intentions that facebook is where they put their effort in.

    So initially I will probably still be quite frequently here, but I will put some routines in place for me to have more discipline and avoid these forums later on.
    Last edited by prometheus; 05-02-2020 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Old age, possibly dyslectic, bad sight..spelling errors.

  6. #591
    Not so newbie member lardbros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,004
    Quote Originally Posted by OFF View Post
    The basis of everything is the concept and objective circumstances of its implementation. Based on what we see in the new version of the LW, the concept directly rests on the capabilities of the LW3d team. Those. Apparently the team has a desire to develop the program, but there are no opportunities to do this in broad steps. In this connection, the development is divided into stages - which are separately in strength for the lW3d team. The previous stage, as I understand it in general terms, is the transfer of drugs to the Hydra engine and the addition of a new shader system, coupled with new volumetrics. The renderer turned out to be the bottleneck in the 2018-2019 cycle, not counting, of course, the Modeler. Accordingly, the next logical step was a complete rewrite of the renderer. But given the real capabilities of the team and the complexity of this task, by and large, the team had no time and energy left for anything else.
    Further, it can be assumed that after eliminating the most frequent bugs of the renderer, the forces of the team can be redirected to the oldest part of the LW - Modeler. And here surprises are possible in the form of a combination of Layout and Modeler. But this is only my personal fantasies ))

    BTW. I think Juanjo expressed a very important idea here:
    This is one of the most constructive and logical posts I've ever seen.
    I completely agree with everything you've said, and believe these are the goals that are being sought by the dev team.

    Fingers crossed it works out
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

    Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

  7. #592
    LW Watcher
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,574
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Yes it is..but you did see that also said I may not continue with it ..right?
    You're really selling it to us.


    I will put some routines in place for me to have more discipline and avoid these forums later on.
    I don't know why you would do that.

    No worries whatever you do.

  8. #593
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    16,786
    Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    You're really selling it to us.




    I don't know why you would do that.

    No worries whatever you do.
    Im not even trying to sell it, it wasnīt made to work as a forum in the first place, merely to try alternatives and functions when posting vids and applying images in top row for gallery.
    And that plus my recent statement isnīt set in stone..if I get the passion and time, I will continue with it..and then make it publicly..only then, and rest assure I could sell it better at such time.

    as for setting routines for avoiding these forums, well..that is because I have to focus on another software more..and I also have thought I spend too much time here anyway..
    and since I have shown dissapointment towards the latest release..
    it will not serve much good for anyone here if I and someone else canīt refrain from going berserk around the development or can not have a balanced view on what is negatism and criticism.

    So I better focus on other things..I will not leave the forum, not yet..donīt think so..but I must reduce the time spent and more careful about discussing development,
    I have tried to give my views on it for many years, but
    it isnīt perceived the right way from many users here, so there is no point of giving my input when the respons is what it is.

    So at least try and jump in when it comes to solving an issue or give an advice as such or comment on art, but I need to stop discussing Lightwave development.
    That said, I think Im gonna start a webpage with embedded vids showing how do something in my two favourite software, it may be a closed webpage that canīt be comment on..and/or perhaps linked to my test forum above.

    I will allow for discussions around these two software under specific Prometheus rules but if not followed I will block that out.

    So Basicly moving to environments where I feel my input can be described better without anyone else almighty rule, it may be debated (perhaps) and grow from there, rather than living in an environment ..in these forums where I feel I can not.

    Currently this test forum only have one two members, me and erikals, but his the only one who has gotten the link, itīs a swedish norwegian union all over again.

  9. #594
    LW Watcher
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,574
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Im not even trying to sell it, it wasnīt made to work as a forum in the first place, merely to try alternatives and functions when posting vids and applying images in top row for gallery.
    And that plus my recent statement isnīt set in stone..if I get the passion and time, I will continue with it..and then make it publicly..only then, and rest assure I could sell it better at such time.

    as for setting routines for avoiding these forums, well..that is because I have to focus on another software more..and I also have thought I spend too much time here anyway..
    and since I have shown dissapointment towards the latest release..
    it will not serve much good for anyone here if I and someone else canīt refrain from going berserk around the development or can not have a balanced view on what is negatism and criticism.

    So I better focus on other things..I will not leave the forum, not yet..donīt think so..but I must reduce the time spent and more careful about discussing development,
    I have tried to give my views on it for many years, but
    it isnīt perceived the right way from many users here, so there is no point of giving my input when the respons is what it is.

    So at least try and jump in when it comes to solving an issue or give an advice as such or comment on art, but I need to stop discussing Lightwave development.
    That said, I think Im gonna start a webpage with embedded vids showing how do something in my two favourite software, it may be a closed webpage that canīt be comment on..and/or perhaps linked to my test forum above.

    I will allow for discussions around these two software under specific Prometheus rules but if not followed I will block that out.

    So Basicly moving to environments where I feel my input can be described better without anyone else almighty rule, it may be debated (perhaps) and grow from there, rather than living in an environment ..in these forums where I feel I can not.

    Currently this test forum only have one two members, me and erikals, but his the only one who has gotten the link, itīs a swedish norwegian union all over again.
    Lighten up, you take things far too seriously.

    Spend some time away from the keyboard!

  10. #595
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    16,786
    Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Lighten up, you take things far too seriously.

    Spend some time away from the keyboard!
    Donīt worry...I am not letting that affect me when I drop the keyboards really.
    stay away from the keyboard..That I need to do as well..but mostly for dealing with health and getting exercise.
    You can call my reactions for whatever you believe..but it just doesnīt make sense hanging around in a forum that doesnīt update...and to stay in it where I can not put forward my criticism, suggestions etc.

    That only leaves, corona, digital music, and cats to talk about

    I just canīt discuss other tools like blender in here, so it makes all sense in the world to move to another forum for that.doesnīt it.

  11. #596
    Registered User tyrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    in lights
    Posts
    2,241
    Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Lighten up, you take things far too seriously.

    Spend some time away from the keyboard!
    he is the AI of this forum. I do not think he has a physical body

  12. #597
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    16,786
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrot View Post
    he is the AI of this forum. I do not think he has a physical body

    Rest assure, you do not want to see it...itīs all in the mind of not exposing you guys from horror images.

    You guys are talking too much with and about me, you need to drop it and leave me to my destiny and get back on topic for the possible great lw stuff coming otherwise I get itches and urges to spend time replying with some Artificial Intelligence.

  13. #598
    LW Watcher
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,574
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Donīt worry...I am not letting that affect me when I drop the keyboards really.
    stay away from the keyboard..That I need to do as well..but mostly for dealing with health and getting exercise.
    You can call my reactions for whatever you believe..but it just doesnīt make sense hanging around in a forum that doesnīt update...and to stay in it where I can not put forward my criticism, suggestions etc.

    That only leaves, corona, digital music, and cats to talk about

    I just canīt discuss other tools like blender in here, so it makes all sense in the world to move to another forum for that.doesnīt it.
    First of all, this B***r thing. This is a LW forum so continually going on about that software is going to irritate our hosts and bore to death LW users.

    Generally people come to a LW forum to hear about LW and to a Blender forum to hear about Blender.

    Criticism is one thing but it get old and tired if it's all you have to say and you repeat it often. You can move to your own forum to launch your criticism but most likely you'll be mostly talking to yourself.

    LW has a lot of problems but it's still capable and what has led to these problems is probably managerial compounded by financial constraints.

    Less Corona, less Blender, less screen time and more positivity will make for a better life.

    Good luck.

  14. #599
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    16,786
    Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    First of all, this B***r thing. This is a LW forum so continually going on about that software is going to irritate our hosts and bore to death LW users.

    Generally people come to a LW forum to hear about LW and to a Blender forum to hear about Blender.

    Criticism is one thing but it get old and tired if it's all you have to say and you repeat it often. You can move to your own forum to launch your criticism but most likely you'll be mostly talking to yourself.

    LW has a lot of problems but it's still capable and what has led to these problems is probably managerial compounded by financial constraints.

    Less Corona, less Blender, less screen time and more positivity will make for a better life.

    Good luck.
    Sigh..that is exactly what I declared, for me to leaving the forums...It has too little tolerance, I understand how it can be perceived..and agree on that it would irritate..and that is one part of why I need to leave..except for
    the main factor, the 2020 release.

    but..otherwise...Thats just pure nonsense...anyone should be able to discuss other software..of course to a certain degree, and not promoting.
    When you canīt discuss how other software is working to assert that a tool in lightwave could work better...then itīs all just about the emperors clothes fandoom, which never will help lightwave developers to recognize what needs to be adressed..had they known what users demands..they would have adressed it years ago.

    And that is also some part of why I need to leave this forum..and you questioned why I would want to do that...your reasoning makes absolutely no sense at all.

    And by the way..donīt take all this so serious..you need to relax.



    And no..I disagree..more corona please, we need herd immunity you know, and more of that other software, it has more tools I demand lightwave should have, and positivity as you mentioned...that would be living in a lie that Lightwave shouldnīt be criticised and is the best thing out there..that kind of reasoning I will not lower myself in to..especially not when told by you.

    And I am quite positive outside of the forums, I do not wish to carry the real worlds positivism over to a fake positivism that boarders to a lie here in the forums...thank you for your worldly advice, but I have my doubt that was ment as a serious advice from you.
    Your comments on my own forum ..is very much in the tone of condescending, not a true advice to stay away from it for my own good, donīt you think I can see that pattern in your comments?
    you really wouldnīt know a bit of how that would evolve.

    there are many talks of other software, houdini..and others, which doesnīt get much attention...but is sort of allowed to be spoken more of...I suspect because it may not be such a big threat because of itīs pricing compared to the free alternatives.

    Now is the time when you should reply with a "relax" and "sure good luck"

  15. #600

Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •