Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightwave 2020

What I like (and is worth the upgrade for me) is how it plays together with other apps!

The BGEO import is great, here for example from X-Particles, works absolutely fine. This opens many new possibilities!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BGEO_to_LW01.png 
Views:	249 
Size:	247.9 KB 
ID:	147404

Name:	BGEO_to_LW02.png 
Views:	201 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	147405

Name:	BGEO_to_LW03.png 
Views:	219 
Size:	392.4 KB 
ID:	147406

Name:	BGEO_to_LW04.png 
Views:	196 
Size:	369.5 KB 
ID:	147407

This just had to happen when my landline lost its connection. Now I only have a mobile phone to read about this. Ugh.
    System:

i7-8086K / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    What I like (and is worth the upgrade for me) is how it plays together with other apps!
    Nice! Any other 2020 first impressions regarding anything really?

2 new videos on LW Learn page.

https://www.lightwave3d.com/learn/
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/4xRTX 2080Ti
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

While I wish there was a change log, I am liking the few things I've played with so far. FiberFX and radiosity appear to be working faster, I'll have to dig out one of my ffx heavy scenes and let 'er rip. However, I've found a show stopper that I'll be reporting re: attempting to edit a new style on an object.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Ok, my first impression with the trial is.... WTF...VPR isnt working..even Textured Solid doesnt update. Any else having the same issue?
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

Quote Originally Posted by Cageman View Post
    Am I your personal tester?

If it wouldn't it should be a bug, yes or no? Why should I have to test that for you? If it says what it does, and doesn't do it, it is a bug. And they should fix it if it doesn't work.

EDIT: You sound like you want to just rule it out as "No... this is NOT particle advection because.... reasons..."
    Oh..Geez michael, relax..did you have bad coffe or what? I said I should try it myself...but I should have clarified I didnīt want you to spend time on in..now in hindsight when you didnīt get that...what in that part did you not understand?

I donīt care what kind of projections you build from your perception of me and what you think my intentions are...clearly you do not read what I said..and that was..it is possible it may work..didnīt I ..you on the other hand just pointed out that there is input and outputs...so how would I know if it works truly..unitl you or someone else or I have tested it, I mentioned I am not able to install it right now....it was merely a question if you had or not..not a command for you to be my personal tester...that remark is just bad tone and insulting of you.

Is this snarky bad tone from you suddenly from you some sort of reaction to my general dissapointment I have mentioned about this release? rather on the actual facts on what we are talking about in terms of working features..it sure feels like you react on just that.

Either you had tried it, or you are just guessing,..and either you had the time and interest to check itīs verification and what that could bring as improvments or you dont..You didnīt have to be snarky uptight about it, a simple..no I donīt have time or interest to test it would be sufficient for inducing more motivation for someone else like me to test it.
    the advection point grid could be for something else..and not specificly working with the gas solver..but we can only know for sure once itīs tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Triodin View Post
    Poking around the documentation now, really nice job Beevee!! Love the animated gifs
    I like them too but I thought they would get bigger when clicked on. - There too small.

Looks neat.
    more Modeler attention next time.

Mini-bug> Limited region not working?
    edit: my fault, forgot to activate "Tablet" under Properties.

Ok, my first impression with the trial is.... W**...
    always some simple bugs in first iterations, there will be a fix soon.

VPR seems ok here. (Trial)
    Last edited by erikals; 04-23-2020 at 05:41 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

I had to restart 2020 to get vpr to respond. Switching back and forth between vpr and textured causes crashing, at least with a complex hair system in it.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube

For exterior scenes to get GI I have to add an environment light and that gives me with a white washed out effect and much darker shadows. Hopefully I can figure out how to get rid of some of this undesired look and get it closer to what I would get in 2019. Interesting how all the examples I see with GI in LW 2020 are showing interiors which I don't see much of an issue with.

I like the change to some of the reflections but notice the washed out grass and leaves. Maybe I will have to redo my surfacing for these in LW 2020?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LW2020_Test.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	551.4 KB 
ID:	147408  
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

I havent been able to get the evironment light to work at all
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube

I think most the effort went into stuff we can't see at the moment. -- https://docs.lightwave3d.com/lw2020/...eering-updates
    Which I suppose makes sense. The foundation needs to be solid.

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    $495? For that?!?! ROFLMAO!

That took four extra months? When did they start? Feb'20?

Extremely disappointed.
    Yeah, I just looked at the features list and got to the bottom expecting the main event. WTF? There is no way I can justify spending the money on this upgrade, there is nothing in it that is off any benefit for that price AND I've upgraded every single time since 5. Especially with exchange rate and economy. Really disappointed! What is going on at LW dev? Where are the modeller updates? What happened to that survey? the feature requests? Just look at Blender dev, then look at what you are paying 495 USD for PLUS the exchange rate. There is no way in hell that is in any way a good upgrade but what concerns me more is the speed of development!!!!!!!!!!!! Its over, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
    Thank you BeeVee!

New Render engines - it sounds very promising! Can't wait to try it!

Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast