Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightwave 2020

So, if I start a new, blank scene, the backdrop option does work. If I load an existing scene, there's nothing I can do to get the backdrop option to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Ritchie View Post
    So, if I start a new, blank scene, the backdrop option does work. If I load an existing scene, there's nothing I can do to get the backdrop option to work.
    If you load an existing scene, you will need to add an environment light, and make it visible to camera
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Ritchie View Post
    If Existing scene is Lw 2019, 2018.. scene then of-course it's not working 'coz 2019 and before had no Env light so you don't have it saved in scene so you need to add it manually, Did you checked video link i sent ?
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/4xRTX 2080Ti
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by lwanmtr View Post
    If you load an existing scene, you will need to add an environment light, and make it visible to camera
    I also noticed that in large scenes where I have GI set locally via the object properties all the settings have been wiped out and need to be redone again. Backward compatibility is lacking so I guess I will have to keep LW 2019 projects in 2019 only. It will be a while until I use LW 2020 for production anyway since LW 2019.1.5 is pretty rock solid and stable for production and LW 2020 is a bit crash prone and has some VPR update issues at the moment.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Markc View Post
    Since when does Redshift support Lightwave......
    Since I can export what I need from LW into C4D (or any other tool I create things in for that matter) I use whatever suits the task, I have no particular agenda towards any particular tool.
    I use LW mostly because I like it. I've been in contact with it since before lightwave was lightwave (a.k.a Videoscape.. I think I still have the manual somewhere. Unfortunately I had to dump the disks (together with most Amiga disks, due to a mold attack)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    I also noticed that in large scenes where I have GI set locally via the object properties all the settings have been wiped out and need to be redone again. Backward compatibility is lacking so I guess I will have to keep LW 2019 projects in 2019 only. It will be a while until I use LW 2020 for production anyway since LW 2019.1.5 is pretty rock solid and stable for production and LW 2020 is a bit crash prone and has some VPR update issues at the moment.
    So not only is 2015 - 2018,2019 a different workflow, now 2019 - 2020 is also different.....
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.14 RX580 Pulse LW2020 CSculpt NMotion
    (plugins: LWCad 2020, TFD 1443, Syflex 2018, StarPro 2020, ExrTrader 2020, Ubercam 2.0, Daz Mocap, DP Light 2020, Quadpanels 1.5)

So not only is 2015 - 2018,2019 a different workflow, now 2019 - 2020 is also different.....

When they change the under the hood stuff, there are bound to be new workflows needed....as long as they are working toward making LW a modern program, I dont mind.
    Rob Depew
    Modeler/Animator/Editor
    Web Portfolio
    My Patreon
    YouTube
    Lightwave3D 2019, RF10, Gaea and more..
    Threadripper 32 core , 48gb, GTX-1070
    Asus 752vt i7 2.6 x 4, 48gb, GTX-970

When they change the under the hood stuff, there are bound to be new workflows needed....as long as they are working toward making LW a modern program, I dont mind.
    Me neither..

Yes it definitely is. I'm going to try my best to adapt but I will continue to use 2019 in production for now until I feel it's time to switch production over to 2020.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    If Existing scene is Lw 2019, 2018.. scene then of-course it's not working 'coz 2019 and before had no Env light so you don't have it saved in scene so you need to add it manually, Did you checked video link i sent ?
    My point was that I couldn't get backdrop or the ENV light to work properly when I did add them to the existing scene. Not that legacy scenes weren't loading correctly.

That is inevitable, for the new volumetrics they got some major enhances towards realism, but took a stabbing in the back for some of the old hv workflow and functionality..such as..

no option to use points for the volumetrics unless adding particles first, the old hv worked directly on points

and you could also weight paint and vertex paint on the points and allow for the hvsīs to use that.

And they destroyed the texture effect speed with just a null reference to do the effects..which isnīt the same.

Sprites are only available in the older system still.

Random partilce sizing inside the volumetric UI isnīt possible unless jumping deeply in to nodes and set that up, or use the actual emitter and set -+ scaling

And the workflow of constantly entering node editor adding textures is much more tedious than previously just select a hypertexture in the list, while more nodably flexible..it may not always be needed to use more than a certain hypertexture..so while it gains power in flexibility, it becomes slower as a workflow and generally a slower system to work with regarding the workflow.

Also the fact that you have to select each volumetric item in order to tweak it, unlike old hv system where you simply could have the hv panel open constantly while moving other objects..but yet being able to tweak the volumetrics per item in the hv panel, I also think copy and paste was easier since you could much easier select what you needed to copy in multi selections and do that.

But that is history now..

As for newer stuff, and if we are to expect some sort of unified simulation system, I wonder how much care they will take on implementing a new particle system or new forces to work with the vdb tools as well as bullet...how much will they break the features of what we can do with the particle system today?

Donīt get me wrong..I am not against rewriting some of these engines, but I wish they reallly make huge efforts on trying to cover in as much as possible when changing or writing the new systems, I donīt feel they took notice of some of the wonders in the older hypervoxels system and what made it unique in terms of workflow.

But seeing it as it is now..I think that may be way ahead in the future..and since I am most likely skipping any upgrade this time around for quite a while, I can let go of the fears of all that.

Just wait til they get GPU rendering (if ever) or a realtime engine

cinematic weirdo

Lightwave 2020 and TFD or StarPro

Lightwave 2020 makes a solid first impression.

Bought, downloaded and installed successfully.

Development must be supported and recognized - even if lots is "only" happening under the hood and not visible at the moment.
    Thanks to the developers !!!!

Some Plug-Ins have to catch up to be compatible.
    TFD 1.0 Build 1439 and StarPro 2.2 do not work right now. No rendering.

In LW2019.1.5 both work fine.

But I am confident this will be fixed.

So.
    Any other reports on plug-ins so far ?!?

Regards

Marcus
    Digital Cinema, Motion Control, VFX . . . cine-vfx.com/

Is this openGL modeler clipping issue in 2019.1.5 still there or fixed in 2020?
    Check the eyes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clipping issue.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	180.7 KB 
ID:	147429

I am trying out the new Lightwave trial. Does anybody know if they have free content that you can download from them to see what it can do? Do you have to buy it first to get the free content? Thanks

Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast