Thread: AE3 Tricaster 8000 SKYPE TX

AE3 Tricaster 8000 SKYPE TX

Is it possible to make Tricaster 8000 Advanced Edition 3 communicate with an external workstation on which SKYPE TX is installed? Is it then possible to have the talkback and 2 Skype inputs in the Tricaster audio mixer as on TC1?

Thanks
    Cipone

A NewTek TalkShow unit would do this. It will give you the same Skype TX as found on a TriCaster TC1.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I just wanted to know if skype tx is integrated in the Advanced Edition 3 software version for tricaster 8000 or not?

My recollection is that Skype TX is not supported under Windows 7, so the native support for SkypeTX found on current models won't be on pre-Win10 models.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

thank you very much.

We use, very successfully, regular desktop Skype running on an older external workstation. Skypes own integrated NDI brings it into the program and virtual camera sends program feed back into the Skype session.

Almost as neat as on the TC1 or TalkShow.

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

Today my skype tx audio became spoty on off while talking. Regular skype works fine. What to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Berger View Post
    Today my skype tx audio became spoty on off while talking. Regular skype works fine. What to do?
    Do you mean it cut out when both people are talking at the same time? This is how Skype works, however you probably notice it with Skype TX because you have the ability to turn it off on the 'TX' side of the call allowing for full duplex on your end, but the other send will still operate like Skype will (half duplex, you can either talk or listen, but not both at the same time).
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.