Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NDI with Unreal Engine

Quote Originally Posted by Saxanth View Post
    Looks like there was a new update with the email link, now shows different versions.

https://i.gyazo.com/5728fa7ce16ab500...8754d97fa2.png

So they might be keeping upto date after all.
    Appears the link for the NDI SDK for Unreal Engine 4.25 is no longer active. The link to 4.24 is active however there's just a 'Coming Soon' banner where the link for 4.25 previously was. Perhaps it was posted prematurely... e.g. missing the NDI Media Sender and Receiver assets. Hope to see an update soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jashthereen View Post
    Hey - has anyone had an issue exporting sound via NDI from Unreal? Right now the description for Media Sender specifies it sends both video / audio once broadcasted. I'm using Broadcast actors to output my feed to streaming softwares like OBS and Streamlabs, but have confirmed on all instances that it is just the video that goes through.

Furthermore, the manual details NDI Sound Wave as a feature responsible for bringing in sound via the receiver, but utilizing this doesn't help the sound go out with the output either.

A fix for this would be greatly appreciated !

Confirming that am facing the same problem, any solution NEWTEK?

Looking for a solution for NDI for Unreal Engine 4.25 as well ...and as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by tekifuta View Post
    Plugin is currently incompatible with UE 4.25, to make it compatible do the following manual code changes until NewTek updates the SDK.

- NDI SDK for Unreal Engine\NDIExamples\Plugins\NDIIOPlugin\Source\Core \Public\Actors\NDIReceiveActor.h

Line 92
    Code:
    virtual void PreEditChange(UProperty* InProperty) override;
    Replace with
    Code:
    virtual void PreEditChange(FProperty* InProperty) override;
    - NDI SDK for Unreal Engine\NDIExamples\Plugins\NDIIOPlugin\Source\Core \Classes\Actors\NDIReceiveActor.cpp

Line 194
    Code:
    void ANDIReceiveActor::PreEditChange(UProperty* InProperty)
    Replace with
    Code:
    void ANDIReceiveActor::PreEditChange(FProperty* InProperty)
    - NDI SDK for Unreal Engine\NDIExamples\Plugins\NDIIOPlugin\Source\Core \Classes\Objects\Media\NDIMediaReceiver.cpp

Comment Line 478
    Code:
    //TShaderMap<FGlobalShaderType>* ShaderMap = GetGlobalShaderMap(GMaxRHIFeatureLevel);
    Line 482-483
    Code:
    TShaderMapRef<FMediaShadersVS> VertexShader(ShaderMap);
    TShaderMapRef<FRGBConvertPS> ConvertShader(ShaderMap);
    Replace with
    Code:
    TShaderMapRef<FMediaShadersVS> VertexShader(GetGlobalShaderMap(GMaxRHIFeatureLevel));
    TShaderMapRef<FRGBConvertPS> ConvertShader(GetGlobalShaderMap(GMaxRHIFeatureLevel));
    Line 487-488
    Code:
    GraphicsPSOInit.BoundShaderState.VertexShaderRHI = GETSAFERHISHADER_VERTEX(*VertexShader);
    GraphicsPSOInit.BoundShaderState.PixelShaderRHI = GETSAFERHISHADER_PIXEL(*ConvertShader);
    Replace with
    Code:
    GraphicsPSOInit.BoundShaderState.VertexShaderRHI = VertexShader.GetVertexShader();
    GraphicsPSOInit.BoundShaderState.PixelShaderRHI = ConvertShader.GetPixelShader();
    - NDI SDK for Unreal Engine\NDIExamples\Plugins\NDIIOPlugin\Source\Core \Classes\Objects\Media\NDIMediaSender.cpp

Comment Line 258
    Code:
    //TShaderMap<FGlobalShaderType>* ShaderMap = GetGlobalShaderMap(GMaxRHIFeatureLevel);
    Line 262-263
    Code:
    TShaderMapRef<FMediaShadersVS> VertexShader(ShaderMap);
    TShaderMapRef<FRGBConvertPS> ConvertShader(ShaderMap);
    Replace with
    Code:
    TShaderMapRef<FMediaShadersVS> VertexShader(GetGlobalShaderMap(GMaxRHIFeatureLevel));
    TShaderMapRef<FRGBConvertPS> ConvertShader(GetGlobalShaderMap(GMaxRHIFeatureLevel));
    Line 267-268
    Code:
    GraphicsPSOInit.BoundShaderState.VertexShaderRHI = GETSAFERHISHADER_VERTEX(*VertexShader);
    GraphicsPSOInit.BoundShaderState.PixelShaderRHI = GETSAFERHISHADER_PIXEL(*ConvertShader);
    Replace with
    Code:
    GraphicsPSOInit.BoundShaderState.VertexShaderRHI = VertexShader.GetVertexShader();
    GraphicsPSOInit.BoundShaderState.PixelShaderRHI = ConvertShader.GetPixelShader();

Thanks. Got it working in 4.25 (tested the receiver part), as for the missing NDI Media Sender and Receiver assets, just copied the assets I had made from 4.24 folder and pasted them into 4.25 folder.

Ndi pluguin for ue 4.25 ON MAC ?????????????

Has anyone tried running more than one UE4 instance and receive the same NDI signal at the same time? I used the SimpleInput in the official example, and when I have 2 UE4 PIE running to receive the same NDI source (Scan Converter from a different laptop), the NDI connection in UE4 quickly drops and the screen freezes.

Just installed the newly updated SDK 1.1 for 4.25 and the Sender and Receiver are still missing!

Wow, that was unexpected. Thanks for the update @ckgentry. :/ I didn't have that problem, that was the first thing I was checked. Are you running the plugin with your own project or te Examples Project that comes with the plugin?

https://i.gyazo.com/119b097359592791...e219038983.png

Wow, that was unexpected. Thanks for the update @ckgentry. :/ I didn't have that problem, that was the first thing I was checked. Are you running the plugin with your own project or te Examples Project that comes with the plugin?

https://i.gyazo.com/119b097359592791...e219038983.png
    So weird. I uninstalled, cleaned registry of any left over references, reinstalled and same issue. Both the send and receive are missing for me. I'm creating a project from scratch and following the directions from the pdf: To create an NDI Media Receiver, bring up the Media Context Menu. To do this, Right-Click your content browser's folder view. (1) Select Media, then (2) NDI Receiver Source.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UE4Editor_iPk5fmoyVR.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	626.4 KB 
ID:	148105
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UE4Editor_QgkF3Nq7i5.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	577.4 KB 
ID:	148104  

have you tried with just the NDIExamples project? I just tried installing it into the 4.25 engine plugins folder and created a virtualstudio project, and works in that case too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	media_ndi.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	148106
    Last edited by Saxanth; 06-10-2020 at 06:36 PM.

have you tried with just the NDIExamples project?
    Just did and the send and receive are in the Media menu. But they should show up in a new project as well. That's how it worked in 4.24.

Are you able to see them in a new project or just the Examples project?

Just doing a test sweep, and I'm able to see them in new projects, existing projects (Blueprints and C++)...

Confounding! I'll try on my PC at my office in the morning. Thanks for chiming in with your results.

Quote Originally Posted by ckgentry View Post
    Confounding! I'll try on my PC at my office in the morning. Thanks for chiming in with your results.
    Cheers, thanks for the heads up. Hope it works out for you.

Cheers, thanks for the heads up. Hope it works out for you.
    So I'm a complete idiot. I never copied the new plugin folder over to the UE install after running the SDK installer. So I was seeing the results of the still broken 1.0 version of the plugin. I chalk it up to being excited about getting to use a working version again!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast