Thread: Youtube will stop supporting IE

Youtube will stop supporting IE

We have problem with Youtube Creative Studio.
    We have TC8000 (Standard Edition) and streaming to Youtube. Now Youtube say: We’ll stop supporting this browser soon. Update it to get the best YouTube experience and our latest features. It about Internet Explorer. But TC8000 work only with IE. What we can to do?
    TriCaster 8000
    Sony HXR-NX5R, Panasonic AW-HE120W
    SDI,IP,NDI

Same issue my profile became unlinked I can no longer get YouTube to be a outbound stream?
    Todd Cochrane
    @geeknews
    [email protected]
    http://geeknewscentral.com

TriCaster: TC1 / 860 AE / Mini AE

With AE2 and AE3 systems you can install Mozzila FireFox and set it as the default browser.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Where is the link to make the browser switch. I need it ASAP.
    Will this work? https://www.newtek.com/blog/tips/cha...n-a-tricaster/

It's late and I'm a it rushed, but as I recall all you need to do is install Firefox - no configuration necessary.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

have you been able to sort out the YouTube not working issue?
    I have two systems that are not connecting to live stream and it is costing me time and $
    Did the firefox install work for anyone?

I also have a question about YouTube Live Streaming. We have a Tricaster 860. Last week, I updated it to the latest version. The release notes for the latest version mention fixing an issue with Youtube live streaming. However even after installing the update and installing IE11, then playing with IE advanced settings, jumping back and forth from Tricaster to Windows for a couple hours I could not get it working. I was able to login to YouTube inside of the Tricaster app. I was able to get a green checkmark next to the Youtube icon in the menus prior to starting a live production but when I click on the settings cog next to the stream button inside the live production, I can't get anything to appear in the configuration window for YouTube.

I believe what's happening when you access the YouTube settings within a live production is that Tricaster is opening IE inside of the settings window. Me belief is that the YouTube configuration page will not display correctly in IE 11 and that is why I cannot continue. I found this article that Newtek posted on their blog, "The Tip Jar". Installing Firefox sounds like a workable option, however we are not running the Advanced Edition on our Tricaster. We are a school district and the $2000 cost for the upgrade isn't really cost effective considering we use this Tricaster for simple switching only. We would however like to be able to take advantage of one of the primary features of the Tricaster... streaming. Isn't the tri in Tricaster supposed to mean that you can do three things at once, record, stream and run an on-location live production?

Furthermore, looking online for the Advanced Edition upgrade, the Newtek Store lists all the Advanced Edition upgrades as "Out of Stock". For any Tricaster model the store website says...

TriCaster® Advanced Edition 3 is no longer avaialble for purchase.
    Customers that have purchased AE3 previously and are in possession of a coupon code to redeem in the store should be directed to [email protected] for assistance.

So it seems we couldn't even purchase the AE upgrade if we wanted to. I feel like any customer should be able to install an alternate browser such as Firefox if that is now essential to the primary operation of the Tricaster for streaming. Is it still possible to purchase the AE upgrade for our 860? Is there a way to stream live to YouTube from the Tricaster without the AE upgrade? I assume if I install Firefox on our Tricaster without the AE upgrade, the Tricaster will not recognize any browser other than IE and I will still have the same trouble.

Newtek support suggested that I setup a custom stream instead of choosing YouTube from the list of streaming destinations. They referred me to this article.
    https://support.newtek.com/hc/en-us/...ng-to-YouTube-

I'll give this a try next time I'm in front of the Tricaster.