Thread: Skype NDI OUTPUT, black screen help

Skype NDI OUTPUT, black screen help

Hi,

I've got the desktop version of Skype and have turned on NDI. When I am in a call I see 3 feeds from skype "local", "person speaking" and one other I forget the name of. Unfortunately they are all black when viewed in NDI studio monitor.

I've seen a number of reports on google of this, but most seem to end in "it fixed itself, I don't know what I did" rather than in a solution I can try. I did try making more than one call, starting and stopping skype and studio monitor, so far I get the same results every time.

Anyone know what is wrong?

P.S. are there any other video conferencing tools besides skype with NDI OUTPUT support built in?

Hey There.
    I had the same problem, and solved by an accident
    Try to use skype as a game source. If you are using OBS like software...
    I think NDI doesn't support skype anymore. (may be later) Because I couldn't take my OBS' NDI output, as a virtual cam to skype either...

Regards.

I was using NDI into and out of Skype just a few days ago, so something else going on in your setup I think.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Hi there,
    I don't know, if you've already found a solution to this. But, I had exactly the same problem. Then, totally frustrated, I finally changed for Skype app version to destop version. An, guess what: Suddenly it worked. If only I had thought of it earlier!

Hi all

I hope you can l Someone can help us here.

We are using a tricaster 410 plus in at our works studio.
    We are connecting to the studio via a RtmpMiniserver streaming software (via ndi capture). When we open the stream on the captured computer laptop we open ndi studio monitor all is well.
    But when we try to input the NDI studio monitor that is displayed on the laptop into the Tricaster 410+ as prt of the broadcast, the tricastor can see ndi studio monitor but when we select it we just get a blank input. No video or sound. The Tricaster doesn’t seem to recognise the ndi studio monitor. I am using the latest ndi tools 4.5 and the tricater is on the latest version update 7-3-200515.
    Has anybody else had this problem ? or could it be a bug in the software.

It’s Bizarre because on another computer (Apple Mac laptop) we can pull the NDI studio monitor signal into Wirecast without any problems

Kind regards

I replied in your duplicate thread.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")