Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a new animation script

a new animation script

Hi All, I have put thrown myself headlong into the scripting game and have decided to share the product of my labors. I call it IKFK Master and it is a script that manages IKFK setups.
    I have shared a video showing it off and in the description of the video you can find a link to the scene file and the plugins. Right now I am releasing everything for free, but I am considering perhaps starting a patreon or finding some other financing model to enable me to do more stuff like this, plugins, tutorials, and what not. So if there is any interest in that sort of thing please let me know.

HI
    MP sent
    Regards
    Phil
    Ryzen Threadripper 3990X 64 Cores - 128Threads / 3 x GTX 2080 / Windows 10 x64 / 64 Go Ram / LW2020 & Softimage user

Cool rig! I'd grab it to have a better look but I'm still on LW 11.6.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzombie View Post
    Cool rig! I'd grab it to have a better look but I'm still on LW 11.6.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6exxafzir...r2015.zip?dl=0

try this version. I did a 2015 export of the scene. I am pretty sure the script works in at least 2015. probably 11.6 also because it is just lscript so it doesn't even support anything too new. I used some nodal motion in the foot rig that may or may not be supported in 11.6. but the only way to know for sure is to try. I would be interested to know the results...

Fantastic! Thanks I'll try it out sometime during the week.

Fantastic! Thanks I'll try it out sometime during the week.
    Cool!
    Just to let you know I am putting the finishing touches on an updated version that is more reliable. I will be releasing this version for free together with some tools for setting up AH_ikfkMaster compatible ik chains within the next couple of days on a website.

Thanks for sharing, may take a look at this later.

I Wanted you to know..that while searching in youtube for "lightwave" and filtering by date..yours will not show up, so I am not sure if you have tagged it properly with lightwave..or lightwave3d only or something?

It could be that you haved tagged it correctly, but youtube fails despite that to find that vid with the search string...I know I have published videos and yet they do not show up..and this got extremly bad some half year ago..it used to work much better.

So your vid will probably not be found by anyone searching for lightwave and filtering...mostly only found by those in these forums and watching your post, or those subscribing to your channel.

Thanks for the tip, I will make sure to check the relevant tags on my videos when I launch the site in a couple days. The plugin has changed quite a lot since I made that video so I am not really too interested in promoting that video at the moment. I plan on making a newer flashier one and I will take a look at what people like mark warner have used as tags and just use those as well. Generally though, when it comes to promoting my lightwave stuff Facebook is my go-to, its just a much more pleasant vibe in the Facebook group than this forum. This forum is more of an afterthought for those that would rather not use Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by hypersuperduper View Post
    Thanks for the tip, I will make sure to check the relevant tags on my videos when I launch the site in a couple days. The plugin has changed quite a lot since I made that video so I am not really too interested in promoting that video at the moment. I plan on making a newer flashier one and I will take a look at what people like mark warner have used as tags and just use those as well. Generally though, when it comes to promoting my lightwave stuff Facebook is my go-to, its just a much more pleasant vibe in the Facebook group than this forum. This forum is more of an afterthought for those that would rather not use Facebook.
    Understood..
    For facebook, oh..I am not one of those using it, I have one account not in my name..but just to check things up if it needs an facebook account, but otherwise never using it..I do not even follow the Lighwave facebook pages..so I am a die hard never get facebook (if that could be said considering I am having an account)

Hopefully your stuff gives a buzz over here by some other then

Hi All, I have put thrown myself headlong into the scripting game and have decided to share the product of my labors. I call it IKFK Master and it is a script that manages IKFK setups.
    I have shared a video showing it off and in the description of the video you can find a link to the scene file and the plugins. Right now I am releasing everything for free, but I am considering perhaps starting a patreon or finding some other financing model to enable me to do more stuff like this, plugins, tutorials, and what not. So if there is any interest in that sort of thing please let me know.

Looks really cool.
    However I'm lost on how to set tags on genoma rigs.
    Any pointers?

Cool!
    Just to let you know I am putting the finishing touches on an updated version that is more reliable. I will be releasing this version for free together with some tools for setting up AH_ikfkMaster compatible ik chains within the next couple of days on a website.
    I'll keep an eye out. I'm interested to see the update. Have you tested it with the 2020 updates?

I'll keep an eye out. I'm interested to see the update. Have you tested it with the 2020 updates?
    I have, a little. Seems to work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail View Post
    Looks really cool.
    However I'm lost on how to set tags on genoma rigs.
    Any pointers?
    You can use the item comment tool, but it is not a very user friendly way of doing it, and the only instructions are in the comments at the top of the script itself right now and are not very detailed. I have a tag manager script for this that makes mass editing tags super easy. I will release this script as well, Everything is basically done and the website has detailed instructions for how to set it up and I will share the genoma2 biped example in the video as well. I just keep finding little issues that I want to fix. I want to make sure that it is ship-shape when I publicly launch it. The launch will effectively be an open beta, since I haven’t done any external testing, but I want it to at least be in beta shape any currently it is behaving too much like an alpha. soon though. Very soon.

ex-LightWave documentation BeeVee's Avatar
    If you want to add comments to a scene, you can try the Python Add Scene Comments script I wrote with Bob Hood. It's a front end for the crappy way of doing scene comments where you need to use the Item Comments command then the Item Comment Display tool in Object Properties > Appearance. Hit Ctrl-Space to bring up the commands list and type "comme", that'll get you the right script.

B
    Ben Vost
    LightWave 3D Docs wiki
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 456.71, 2x4K 23.5" monitors
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Ok everybody. I would like to share the "final" version of my AH_ikfkMaster.ls ikfk management plugin, along with a few authoring tools that make it easier to create AH_ikfkMaster compatible rigs.

here is the first video showing off the changes,

The scripts are available for free on my website where you can find some other tools and documentation.

http://www.ahtools.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast