Thread: Old SDK downloads?

Old SDK downloads?

Hi All,

I am using some third party NDI plugins to develop a streaming application on iOS. They were last updated to work with NDI 4.1 and throw errors with 4.5.

I got my hands on an old 4.x driver installer, which enabled me to get the NDI plugin for OBS working on OSX (was fine on windows). Although I believe this has since been updated to support 4.5.

However, I also need to compile a Unity iOS application using this wrapper but after linking the library correctly I get the following errors:

Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
    "_NDIlib_send_send_video_async_v2", referenced from:
    KlakNDI::Sender::sendFrame(void*, int, int, unsigned int) in PluginEntry.o
    _NDI_SyncSender in PluginEntry.o
    "_NDIlib_send_destroy", referenced from:
    KlakNDI::Sender::~Sender() in PluginEntry.o
    "_NDIlib_send_create", referenced from:
    _NDI_CreateSender in PluginEntry.o
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I am yet to hear from the developer and am unable to find an older SDK installer for the application to link against anywhere. Is there somewhere these are kept around for download or does someone still have a copy they can share with me? I assume a NDI 4.1 SDK installer would do the trick.

Any help appreciated,
    Nay.

If you are using the MacOS, it is going to be very important to recompile the tools (you cannot just switch out the Libraries). This is listed in the SDK documentation. There is a complex reason for this and I will leave it to some clever person to work out why we had to do this which is caused by compiler differences between platforms that we fixed ...

If there is some other bug in 4.5 we should urgently know what that is and we will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by naychrist View Post
    Hi All,

I am using some third party NDI plugins to develop a streaming application on iOS. They were last updated to work with NDI 4.1 and throw errors with 4.5.

I got my hands on an old 4.x driver installer, which enabled me to get the NDI plugin for OBS working on OSX (was fine on windows). Although I believe this has since been updated to support 4.5.

However, I also need to compile a Unity iOS application using this wrapper but after linking the library correctly I get the following errors:

Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
    "_NDIlib_send_send_video_async_v2", referenced from:
    KlakNDI::Sender::sendFrame(void*, int, int, unsigned int) in PluginEntry.o
    _NDI_SyncSender in PluginEntry.o
    "_NDIlib_send_destroy", referenced from:
    KlakNDI::Sender::~Sender() in PluginEntry.o
    "_NDIlib_send_create", referenced from:
    _NDI_CreateSender in PluginEntry.o
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
    clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I am yet to hear from the developer and am unable to find an older SDK installer for the application to link against anywhere. Is there somewhere these are kept around for download or does someone still have a copy they can share with me? I assume a NDI 4.1 SDK installer would do the trick.

Any help appreciated,
    Nay.

Thanks, finally got a chance to get stuck back in. However, I was cleaning and recompiling the application and the only external dependancy is the iOS SDK from the installer. I can see that note in the documentation about recompiling for macOS and Linux but in this case I believe the library is the precompiled one from the installer (/Library/NDI SDK for Apple/lib/iOS/libndi_ios.a) and I assume I shouldn't need to touch the macOS lib.

To clarify, the application setup is:
    - lib search path: /Library/NDI\ SDK\ for\ Apple/lib/iOS
    - header search path: /Library/NDI\ SDK\ for\ Apple/include
    - linked binary in build phase: /Library/NDI SDK for Apple/lib/iOS/libndi_ios.a
    - lib included in code with: #include <Processing.NDI.Lib.h>

I believe this is correct but I still get those errors. Is it possible that the lib included with the installer needs to be recompiled by Newtek and a new installer built?

Regardless, it would be great if there was a page for legacy downloads of old versions of tools and SDKs to help with temporary workarounds.

Looking forward to hearing back and thanks for the help so far.
    Last edited by naychrist; 04-13-2020 at 08:28 PM.

Because we try to keep all support in one place, can you please sent any problems to the NDI support mailing list. It takes a lot of time for us to respond and support SDK questions and queries (for free!) and so it is very important that we keep it all in one place at a time.

Just a note that this was a prob with the wrapper when used with unity version 2019.3 or newer fixed in this pull request: https://github.com/keijiro/KlakNDI/pull/58
    Last edited by naychrist; 04-14-2020 at 08:29 PM.