Thread: NDI 4.5 - VLC Plugin not installing on Win10 workstations

Question NDI 4.5 - VLC Plugin not installing on Win10 workstations

I recently started using NDI 4.5 Tools and have found that the latest tools download does not seem to install the VLC Plugin (it was selected in the list for the installer) on Win 10 PCs (tried 2 different machines as a 'fresh' install). All the other 4.5 Tool apps install and work fine. Has anyone else got this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    I recently started using NDI 4.5 Tools and have found that the latest tools download does not seem to install the VLC Plugin (it was selected in the list for the installer) on Win 10 PCs (tried 2 different machines as a 'fresh' install). All the other 4.5 Tool apps install and work fine. Has anyone else got this issue?
    What version of VLC are you using? 32-bit or 64-bit?

I just checked my VLC 3.08 64-bit install and I see a NDI plug-in that is dated 4/6/2020 which would match the date of the NDI Tools 4.5 install.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Hi, thank you for a fast response which helped me sort out my lack of clear thinking in regards to it being a plugin (I was looking for another tool in Win start menu) and the order in which I installed the NDI Tools and VLC (3.08 64-bit). VLC was a later install (yesterday) and it initially didn't pick up the NDI plugin. After full workstation restart today, VLC has picked up the NDI plugin and it all works as expected (including into OBS and thru to Zoom). Many thanks :-)