Thread: PTZ control on TC1 LP1

PTZ control on TC1 LP1

Since the Firmware update to F/W 200210C, a glitch with the LP1 hardware switcher is causing some grief.
    See Picture TC1 PTZ.
    I have 'mapped' the PTZ camera Input using the appropriate "PTZ SEL" button along with the SHTL/PTZ selected. The PTZ camera connects and it seems fine.
    The issue arises after this is done. The SHTL/PTZ jumps back to the Liveset button lit and when the Joystick controller is used again for the PTZ camera movement, it causes the DDR to shuttle back and forth.
    Is there a quick solution to this?
    I tried a complete new Session to see if it was connected to an operational Session that has been in use before the F/W upgrade and it is the same.
    Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TC1 PTZ.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	2.34 MB 
ID:	147219

I don't have a CS here to refresh my memory, but I think that in current versions you no longer need to use the SHTL/PTZ button with a PTZ camera, since (with Virtual PTZ) most Switcher sources now offer PTZ-like capability. I'm sorry I can't describe this better, but if you experiment a it without pressing that I think you'll get it worked out.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks Steve,
    Was there a Press Release on this change as I thought it was related to another bug.
    If I understand you correctly, the Joystick controller has become redundant then, when trying to Pan the PTZ camera around the Studio.
    The PTZ does connect to the Joystick for a short time, but then 'jumps' back to only Shuttle commands.
    The setup is at a University, teaching students made it easier to teach with the Joystick.
    I just reviewed the Youtube link on Virtual PTZ, so Ill need to adapt that process then into class I guess.
    The TC1 is on latest F/W but not with Advanced Premium.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzman View Post
    Was there a Press Release on this change as I thought it was related to another bug.
    I don;t imagine they'd have done a press release for a tweak to the CS, but these sort of modifications are usually called out in the "What's New" doc shown after upgrades, and in more detail in the User Guide.I'm sorry that, working from home at present, I don't have an LP handy to provide a little more clarity.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")