Thread: Need to Save And Recall Custumized MEM and Comps

Need to Save And Recall Custumized MEM and Comps

Now that Tricaster has so much more capability - it really is starting to compare with the big boys like Ross, GVG and Sony. A TD using those systems has all of their customizations on a flash drive and can take them from system to system. Most production switchers do not think of a use as a session. They are switchers and the TD would want it to work the way they want it to work. You might want to add the ability - at the very least to SAVE and recall MEM and Comps outside of the session.

You might also want to add the ability for an TD/operator Save and Recall MEM and Comps to a flash drive so that they can move those sustomizations to different systems

Just for clarity, you can import and export MEMS already; and exported MEMs include the relevant Comps (at least you can on the version I'm running).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I contacted support and was told it was not possible. I have an 860 with AE3. Where is import and export on your system?

I believe on my TC1 its done by right clicking the mem window when you expand it and there is an export option in the menu that comes up, also an import option. You would need to do this for each comp etc that you wanted to export/save. So its not exactly a "export all import all" type thing as I see and use it.

Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post
    So its not exactly a "export all import all" type thing as I see and use it.
    My recollection (without taking time to test this right now) is that importing a MEM brings all of the associated Comps for that MEM with it. So it is, to a point?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    My recollection (without taking time to test this right now) is that importing a MEM brings all of the associated Comps for that MEM with it. So it is, to a point?
    Ill have a chance to test when setting up a show, If you are saying that importing a MEM from ME/1 brings in all 9 or 12 settings I think you are right, I was referring to if you had 4-8 MEs setup I think you need to export/import for each ME and same if you are doing the DDRs and sound presets is all.

Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post
    Ill have a chance to test when setting up a show, If you are saying that importing a MEM from ME/1 brings in all 9 or 12 settings I think you are right, I was referring to if you had 4-8 MEs setup I think you need to export/import for each ME and same if you are doing the DDRs and sound presets is all.
    Understood. In that case, a macro might work, or a template session.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator