Thread: 3Play General Workflow Setup

3Play General Workflow Setup

We recently purchased a 3play 425 unit, and I am still confused about the overall equipment workflow. If I am switching for a live sporting event, it seems I would need to split the cameras or input sources so one signal goes to a switcher and one goes to the 3play. Then the replay signal out of the 3play into the switcher as another input. Not sure if this makes sense or there is a better way to set this up? How do other people set theirs up?

I have tried setting up for an even simpler show just using the 3play and sending out the switched HDMI output from the 3play into an external screen. I want to continue sending out A, while being able to edit and select different replays on B, but whenever I try to make changes on B, B takes over as the main output. Is there a way around this, or am I missing something?

Below is an image of the workflow I mentioned in the first example:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3play and switcher.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	375.2 KB 
ID:	147196

And here is an image of the workflow just using the 3play:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3play only.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	222.2 KB 
ID:	147197

Any help is much appreciated!

For the first image, you will need SDI DA or an SDI router to send signals to both the TriCaster and 3PLAY systems. While a SDI router might cost a little more, it is much more flexible.

For the second image. SDI 1 and SDI 2 outputs are locked to A and B, but the HDMI output follows the current A/B selection on the control surface. You will need to connect the projector to SDI 1 output if you want it to always be on channel A.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks for the help. I was able to do some more tests and figure it out based on that.