Thread: Set up macro to move files from a folder to the DDR1

Set up macro to move files from a folder to the DDR1

Hello. Very new to my Tricaster 460. I am needing help on setting up a macro to move files from a folder in my sessions to the DDR1. I will have 3 files in that folder from the isco recoders, but they will change everyday. Also wanting to add a Fade in between the first and second clip. Any help would be greatly apprectiated.

If the file always have the same filename you could make macros that do this. If the filenames are different each day, then the macros will not know how to find the clips.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

They have the same name. Just the file name from the isorecorder. IN1, IN2 and IN3. I tried setting one up yesterday, but when i record again to that folder, it bought up the old clips that should be been recorded over?? I didn't understand that because I deleted them from the file before I did a new recording. I set up the macro by using the record function in the macro menu and just doing the steps I wanted. Maybe I need a script, but I really don't know how to set that up. Thanks

Deleted them from the media browser window or just removed them from the DDR?

- Removing from the DDR, doesn't delete the media on the drive.

- In the media browser window you can delete media from the drive.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Yes, I have deleted the file from the drive not just the DDR1 that is why I don't understand how the old file still shows up. I'll try again, maybe I messed something up. Any way you could send me an example macro??

Easiest way to make a macro would be to record a file, then record a macro of importing those files into the DDR. That macro filename and path are going to be part of the macro file. What I make will undoubtedly not match what your system has.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Are oyu sure you're looking in the right folder ? You are talking aobut Isocorders, of you record with same names as the previous recorded files, new files will just get a additional number ...

If you make a direct file import in DDRs ( with + or double-click), then the file will stay in its original location. It would be imported in the session folder if you click on small T icon ( "transcode") close to video clip name in DDR.

If you use file import, top left of the Tricaster UI, then file will be transcoded and imported in session folder, and loaded in DDR you choose.

If I understand you right, you want to record several feeds and load them directly in DDR after recording. There would be no need for file import to do that, a few good macros could get the job done perfectly for you. I can give you additional info if you wish....

Best,

Jerome

ok. Thanks for the help. Will try making the macro again. Maybe I messed it up somehow.

Got this issue fixed. Thanks, it was something I was doing.