Thread: Mini, Skype Caller and audio to in-room talent

Mini, Skype Caller and audio to in-room talent

Like many of you, we're adjusting workflows to continue outreach sessions when we can't have everyone attend in person. I'm hoping someone can help walk through an audio routing scenario to help me figure this one out. . .

We have a VideoLink ReadyCam studio on our campus and we're utilizing the camera/lights, etc as a staging ground for our CEO's outreach to our community. We're taking an HDMI camera feed and XLR audio from the VideoLink (VL) rack and sending that to our Tricaster Mini running AE3. We then take those inputs and stream it to Livestream and record the sessions. Previously, all of our participants were in the studio, so we didn't have to worry about routing audio back to the talent.

For this Friday, we want to have another session, in this case want to have one of the participants come in on Skype. I'll use one of our Skype inputs in the Tricaster and the TX software to bring that person in and use the pre-configured mix/minus for audio. However, I'm trying to figure out how to get the Skype participants audio to the person in the studio.

We have an IFB headset that I can have the person wear, but I'm not sure how to configure a physical connection from the Mini to the IFB that would give them just the Skype audio.

Suggestions? Thanks.

If the headset is a standard 1/8" plug that can work off a computer sound card, I would use NDI Studio Monitor. Setup the Skype audio on a MIX output of the TriCaster and use NDI Studio Monitor on a local computer to listen.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks Kane. Just testing this configuration and it worked as you outlined.