Thread: Video overlay (alpha channel)

Video overlay (alpha channel)

So what i am trying to do is for our church. We are doing live broadcasts under this stay at home order in North Carolina and we have a pre recorded version of our hymnal with people singing and a piano. So we were asked to create captions with the music, kind of like a follow the bouncing ball singalong video but they want the words to appear as captions with the camera view still on screen. So camera 1 on program feed with ddr2 showing the captions below the song leader that is on camera 1. Let me know if this is not clear enough.
    My current method of creating this is a video created in Premiere pro cc and exporting the video with alpha channels. This has not worked for me as it just creates a black video that takes over the screen on the program feed.

FYI we are using a Tricaster TC1

You need to export the video with the alpha layer intact like you have been doing and then import it via the TC File Import option so it keeps them. I think Kane has a PDF of file types supported (not all will come over with alpha but I recall exporting to a MOV file with prores with alpha that worked but the files were pretty darn large Other option is to make PNGs and import them and then follow along transitioning to each slide as needed from the control surface. I would put the DDR in a DSK to overlay the video so I could easily hop around camera angles or build an ME with the layout needed.

Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post
    Other option is to make PNGs and import them and then follow along transitioning to each slide as needed from the control surface.
    Just to mention it, there is a PNG Quicktime movie file type, too. It's relatively small. and supports embedded alpha. I've used it successfully from time to time without bothering to import ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")