Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Instances with different shapes by deform/displace technology

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    That´s not much to talk of for terms, the crucial thing is what it actually is...and not the naming conventions, and crucial on how it performs.
    I am not sure, when I did the deformations, the modifier is on it..so I would need to apply the modifier and remove it from the stack, the al-d duplicate it and see if the memory would stay the same or not.

But you are more of an expert in blender than me...so if you could find a way to make the displaced "instances" to be cloned without increasing memory from the origin sphere when rendering..that would of course be awesome

Here we got one swede saying one thing, and second one saying something else, and a third confused swede (hi there) ..not sure about anything, so the three swedish stooges
    I have to refer back to Jarno who’s an expert on this topic, I’m not.

So basically it is a clone when you add a modifier to an instance. So now we know that and can go back to do 3d art.

Quote Originally Posted by Ztreem View Post
    I have to refer back to Jarno who’s an expert on this topic, I’m not.

So basically it is a clone when you add a modifier to an instance. So now we know that and can go back to do 3d art.
    Yep..it seems so.
    Let´s clone hope for a brighter future right now, and for people to be helpful and caring, and adapt and endure, overcome.

So it’s an “instance” of a mesh but not an instance in terms of the memory-saving-throw-thousands-of-instances-into-the-scene-without-a-care instancing that lightwave is referring to when discussing instancing.

Quote Originally Posted by hypersuperduper View Post
    So it’s an “instance” of a mesh but not an instance in terms of the memory-saving-throw-thousands-of-instances-into-the-scene-without-a-care instancing that lightwave is referring to when discussing instancing.
    Was that a confirmation conclude or a question?
    And what "so its?" do you mean lw instancing methods or the blender instancing?

Quote Originally Posted by hypersuperduper View Post
    Exactly my thought.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123