Thread: NewTek NDI Camera is not NDI|HX Camera? (IOS)

NewTek NDI Camera is not NDI|HX Camera? (IOS)

I bought NewTek NDI Camera. Now I see only NDI|HX camera in Appstore (IOS). And Appstore want another 235 SEK for that. Has Newtek changed name to be able to charge me again? Or what have I missed?

This is a completely new application, although the UI is similar. The original NDI Camera application transmitted (high bandwidth) NDI, which was great in some ways, but could be unreliable with much network traffic. The new app outputs HX, which requires much less bandwidth (and, since NDI 4.5, has noticeably reduced latency).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I could never get a stable video signal via WiFi with the old NDI Camera app, it connected by there were always some freezes here and there no matter what I did. I know some people got it to work if they had the correct WiFi infrastructure setup, but I was using my home WiFi to test.

The NDI-HX Camera app runs with 4K output from my iPhone 6S and it smooth video with no freezes, on my same home WiFi access point. Latency doesn't seem any different than the NDI Camera app. The new app much, much better. The only restriction is that the receiving NDI application has to be using NDI 4 libraries.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Ok, thanks, I surrender and pay.