Thread: iVag - computer screen disappears after 15 seconds

iVag - computer screen disappears after 15 seconds

Hi, team, we are having an issue with computer screen disappearing after about 15-20 seconds. We are using Mac. Any ideas?

This is with iVGA? What version of OSX?

What is your model of TriCaster? NDI Scan Converter would be a better option if this is possible with the equipment you have.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Model is TC40.

In that case you do have to use iVGA. I'm not tried that software on any recent OSX system, when it was last updated was back around OSX 10.8 or 10.9.

The only other way I think of making this work, would be to try Zen Video's NDI RTx tool. It has the ability to accept NDI sources and turn them into AirSend (which the TC40 supports).
    http://www.zenvideo.co.uk/ndi.htm#NDIRTx

This will allow you to use the much more current NDI Scan Converter tool on the Mac. You will need a Windows PC to run the NDI RTx tool for this workflow to operate.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thank you for your response but I am not following. My Keynote that I need to show is on the Mac. The only PC is the that runs Tricaster.

The tool that I mention about will allow you to run the newer NDI Scan Converter application on your Mac. Then on this separate Windows PC with this NDI RTx application, you can convert the NDI signal into iVGA (AirSend) which your TC40 can then accept into a NET input.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I don't have a separate PC.

Then you will have to find some other hardware method to connect system together.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Hello!
    As already mentioned I have a TC40 and I have problems with IVGA
    We have tried to install and run NDIRTx on the machines that will send your screen to the Tricaster.
    Unfortunately no connection to the TC is established.
    Now my question is.
    What should be set on the TC and how can I check if the connection is established?
    Do I have to install the software on the TC?
    I could test the network technique by "ping" the computers to "see" each other.
    I can't get any further and ask for support.