Thread: Support for Multiple Language subtitles for MP4 Media Playback

Support for Multiple Language subtitles for MP4 Media Playback

Hello,

I have an h.264 file that has 4 embedded SRT subtitled files (4 languages other than English). I'm using a streaming platform that supports embedded captions:

SDI (EIA-60CEA-608) or other sources (SCTE-20, SCC, Teletext, DVB-Sub, Ancillary, ARIB, TTML, SCTE-27, STL, SRT, SMI) embedded in the h.264 stream
    Can I stream this h.264 file from a TC-1 and have the streaming platform recognize the subtitles?

Any alternative suggestions to get this to work?

Thank you!

You need to look at the platform that is taking your stream and see what they will accept as a closed caption source. Most of them will be the embedded 708 stuff. The easiest thing I could think of is probably to play the clip in VLC and pick the captions you want and see if they come over on the NDI source or not. If not use scan converter to capture the screen with open captions and send as that. The other option is to upload as VOD again making sure the platform accepts the captions and go from there.

Thanks stp_productions. It looks like I'll have to do VOD. It's disappointing that the Tricaster doesn't support streaming embedded captions.