Thread: Upgrading old TCXD8000 to AE impossible?

Upgrading old TCXD8000 to AE impossible?

Hi there,

After a long time and saving some money I decided that it would be helpful to upgrade our old TCXD8000 with Standard Edition (bought as a used one 3.5 years ago) to the Advanced Edition. Like that I could benefit from certain features I'm missing with the SE. So I ran the downloaded NewTek Hardware Check ("Application Machine Check") to have a look to the compatibility for AE. I got the following message:

"Your nVidia driver appear to old. Please update them to the latest versions available.
    If your system is unable to run this version, there are a number of options to upgrade your system to the latest technology, please contact NewTek or your local reseller."

I checked the driver for my GeForce GTX 550 Ti manually and downloaded the latest version 23.21.13.9135 (March 3rd, 2018) but this was already installed and there are no newer drivers available.

What does this mean? Is is generally impossible to run an Advanced Edition on that unit? Or could it be that AE1 or AE2 would run but not the actual AE3 (what does the hardware check verify exactly?)? Do I have to replace some parts of the machine? The system runs with a i7-2600 CPU @3.4GHz and 8GB RAM. Unfortunately there's no money to do a big upgrade to TC1. Thanks for consideration.

Thomas

8000 definitely runs AE3 just fine. It's just a matter of updating the video drivers. There's a thread about this in the forum.

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

The video card itself is too old to run AE3 and must be upgraded. There are a few different cards out there that have been shown to work 100%. I updated our 8000 for the same reason. The job itself is not difficult, but it does require some electromechanical / pc building knowledge so you don't fry anything.

Unless you already bought the AE3 update it is currently no longer available.
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, NC1 I/O, TC 460, TC Mini 4i, TS 100, TS 4000

Quote Originally Posted by dhodlick View Post
    The video card itself is too old to run AE3 and must be upgraded. There are a few different cards out there that have been shown to work 100%. I updated our 8000 for the same reason. The job itself is not difficult, but it does require some electromechanical / pc building knowledge so you don't fry anything.
    Thank you, dhodlick! That seems to be the reason the updated drivers don't change the situation.
    Do you know more which cards will work? Which one did you choose? And is the video card the only thing that has to be exchanged or is there something else in the TCXD8000 which has a too low performance for the AE3? It wouldn't be worthy to replace the video card if there's a lot of other things which are outdated afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by jcupp View Post
    Unless you already bought the AE3 update it is currently no longer available.
    Jeff, are you sure the AE3 isn't available anymore? I found this site which says "in stock": https://store.newtek.com/index.php/t...ayment-23.html

Thanks,

Thomas

Be hurry, it should be available until next week.
    Daniel Choi
    Tricaster 460 AE2 - Tricaster 855 - Tricaster 455