Thread: Add Copy/Paste and Group Modify to ME layers

Add Copy/Paste and Group Modify to ME layers

Love the AE3 upgrade.

I use the system to live broadcast content similar to CNN, FOX and the like. Lots of talking heads

I need to easily create lots of multiple boxes in an ME. Most of the time, each box is the same size with the same border.
    It would be greater if I could select the A,B,C,D, DSK 1 , DSK 2, ETC layers at the same time and then crop, size and add borders to them all at once. Then I can select each layer one at a time to move them into place.

It would also work if I could modify one layer and then copy the position, crop, rotation and border to other layers, both in the ME and to other MEs

Also, once the boxes are in place, it would be great if there was a way to position the video within the box without moving the frame. This would allow me to easily correct different framing of the talking heads.

Thanks

You can use PreViz (or you can import/export M/E presets) to help with this. It will copy the entire M/E, but saves you from haven't to build it all from scratch.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks for the reply. That works to copy from ME to ME in a session. It does not solve the bigger issue of moving customization between sessions and systems.

Well, to be fair, you didn't ask about that in your post (although I'm interested to see if Kane has a workaround for you).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

You can import and export presets between sessions. There isn't an ability to cut and paste specific layers at this time.

For re-positioning video inside the sources, you can do that if you have the Pan and Scan feature with Premium Access.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.