Thread: TC Mini 4K - Skype audio not recording on Skype input

Question TC Mini 4K - Skype audio not recording on Skype input

Hi there,

We're using our TC Mini 4K (Build 7-1-200210C) to take in Skype presentations and then edit them for corporate comms

Everything works with the TC and the SkypeTX application (2.19.505.1) on the production PC

On the TC Mini, when I set the source on INPUT 1 to LOCAL> Skype TX Caller - the video and audio from the Skype TX application comes in fine. I can see the audio levels under the CAPTURE tab, in the VU meter on the thumbnail of the INPUT, and on the VU under Skype INPUT 1 setting of the Audio mixer.

However my problem is when I try to CAPTURE the Skype feed from within INPUT 1 - it records just the Skype video but no audio. As a work around I can capture the audio through the PGM mix - but not via the INPUT/CAPTURE tab

Is this an expected 'feature' of SkypeTX and the TC (can't find anything in the manuals/online about this) or am I missing something obvious?

Cheers

Mike

I just had someone else test and got the same issue. I've put in a bug report.

For now, you can direct the Skype TX audio to a MIX output and record the audio there.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Cheers for checking this out and finding it is a bug Kane

We'll continue to do as we found and as you also suggested

Cheers for the speedy response!