Thread: Rendering options for 3D deleivery

Rendering options for 3D deleivery

I'm helping a friend on a remodel project of his house & he has a custom hand-railing being made from 1.25" pipe that has some specific bends. I whanged out the shape in a few minutes with LWCad so that's not the issue.

What I'd like to do now though is render out to some form that he can easily take it to his fabricator so they can look at it in 3D on his laptop. Something along SkethFab I guess but not online if possible. I just don't work with this sort of thing much so wondering what a good current option is these days, either directly out of LW or via After Effects, or whatever.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB DDR4-2666
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core (64 cores avail)

Ma3rk

Designsparks allow for importing obj formats, like from lightwave, and then from there you go to save out to 3d pdf, and others with just acrobate reader can see the model, and use isometric, top, side views etc..or just orbit around the model with the mouse.
    Zooming and also adding measurements is possible in the pdf dokument.

Not sure how big the mesh can be though for designsparks to handle it, and it imports the mesh triangulated.
    Designspars DS mechanical is free, but you need to create an account to download and use it, besides the 3d pdf ability, it has many other great cad tools.

See attached 3D pdf document, the first time opening a 3D pdf, you may need to activate to rely on 3D content, as I think that is off by default in acrobat...after that you should not have those messages and be able to see whatever object you save out as 3D PDF, you also have a cross section cut out function to see the parts by moving some sliders.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You can export to 3D HTML with a few leaps.

I've used blend4web (just install the 4 Mb add-on to your B, not the entire program from https://www.blend4web.com/en/downloads/ ). I load my LW content into B and then export a HTML file, with all the webgl goodness packed within.
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Ma3rk

Designsparks allow for importing obj formats, like from lightwave, and then from there you go to save out to 3d pdf, and others with just acrobate reader can see the model, and use isometric, top, side views etc..or just orbit around the model with the mouse.
    Zooming and also adding measurements is possible in the pdf dokument.

Not sure how big the mesh can be though for designsparks to handle it, and it imports the mesh triangulated.
    Designspars DS mechanical is free, but you need to create an account to download and use it, besides the 3d pdf ability, it has many other great cad tools.

See attached 3D pdf document, the first time opening a 3D pdf, you may need to activate to rely on 3D content, as I think that is off by default in acrobat...after that you should not have those messages and be able to see whatever object you save out as 3D PDF, you also have a cross section cut out function to see the parts by moving some sliders.
    Thanks Prom, that looks great. I'll check that out.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB DDR4-2666
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core (64 cores avail)