Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: Deep Rising FX v3.0 Release

  1. #1
    Registered User darkChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    758

    Deep Rising FX v3.0 Release

    System: AMD Ryzen 2700, 16GB, RX 570 x2, Win 10

    https://www.deepfxworld.com

  2. #2
    ack ack Markc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,527
    Please please please find a way to get this on the Mac.......
    This looks fan-bloomin-tastic.....
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.13 RX580 Pulse LW2020
    (plugins: LWcad 2018, TFD 1427, Syflex 2018, StarPro 2020, ExrTrader 2020, Ubercam 2.0, RR Daz Mocap (not working), DP Light 2020)

  3. #3
    Registered User darkChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    758
    System: AMD Ryzen 2700, 16GB, RX 570 x2, Win 10

    https://www.deepfxworld.com

  4. #4
    Hey darkChief

    Does it support multi GPU ?
    Regards
    Phil
    Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX 32 Cores - 64 Threads / 2 x GTX 1080 + 1 GTX 1070 / Windows 10 x64 / 64 Go Ram / LW2020 & Softimage user

  5. #5
    Registered User darkChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    758
    Not, yet. The CPU solvers are no slouch though, that took less than hour to sim out.
    System: AMD Ryzen 2700, 16GB, RX 570 x2, Win 10

    https://www.deepfxworld.com

  6. #6
    Registered User darkChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    758
    System: AMD Ryzen 2700, 16GB, RX 570 x2, Win 10

    https://www.deepfxworld.com

  7. #7
    Registered User Oldcode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    469
    Looks really cool Chief!

  8. #8
    Registered User darkChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    758
    Thank you
    System: AMD Ryzen 2700, 16GB, RX 570 x2, Win 10

    https://www.deepfxworld.com

  9. #9
    Super Member Qexit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Warrington, UK
    Posts
    1,199
    Is the River Test created using the SPlisHSPlasH Solver ?
    Kevin F Stubbs

    Remember...one size does NOT fit all

  10. #10
    Registered User darkChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by Qexit View Post
    Is the River Test created using the SPlisHSPlasH Solver ?
    Yes it is If you don't need Kinematic or rigid body coupling and other stuff, I would recommend it for larger scenes, it's faster for raw fluid simulations.
    Last edited by darkChief; 04-09-2020 at 02:26 PM.
    System: AMD Ryzen 2700, 16GB, RX 570 x2, Win 10

    https://www.deepfxworld.com

  11. #11
    Super Member Qexit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Warrington, UK
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by darkChief View Post
    Yes it is If you don't need Kinematic or rigid body coupling and other stuff, I would recommend it for larger scenes, it's faster for raw fluid simulations.
    Good to know, thanks for the quick and useful reply. Due to the lack of options, I guess the SPlisHSPlasH Solver is CPU only ? In any case, it looks like time to give it a spin
    Kevin F Stubbs

    Remember...one size does NOT fit all

  12. #12
    Registered User darkChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by Qexit View Post
    Good to know, thanks for the quick and useful reply. Due to the lack of options, I guess the SPlisHSPlasH Solver is CPU only ? In any case, it looks like time to give it a spin
    Yes CPU only
    System: AMD Ryzen 2700, 16GB, RX 570 x2, Win 10

    https://www.deepfxworld.com

  13. #13
    Electron wrangler jwiede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,888
    One thing I'd really appreciate (now that it offers motion blur ) is greater ability to profile simulations, in order to identify whether constraints are unduly impacting sim times, and similar optimizations.

    You might want to take a look at how Navie Effex, RF, X-Particles and so forth allow users to profile sim pipeline operation, and optimize by inserting caches, reorganizing constraints, etc. That seems like a logical "next step" for DeepFx. I know I found it extremely valuable in Effex (and X-P) for optimizing complex sims down to reasonable timeframes.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

  14. #14
    Registered User darkChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    One thing I'd really appreciate (now that it offers motion blur ) is greater ability to profile simulations, in order to identify whether constraints are unduly impacting sim times, and similar optimizations.

    You might want to take a look at how Navie Effex, RF, X-Particles and so forth allow users to profile sim pipeline operation, and optimize by inserting caches, reorganizing constraints, etc. That seems like a logical "next step" for DeepFx. I know I found it extremely valuable in Effex (and X-P) for optimizing complex sims down to reasonable timeframes.
    Thank you for the input. Have included in feature request notes.
    System: AMD Ryzen 2700, 16GB, RX 570 x2, Win 10

    https://www.deepfxworld.com

  15. #15
    Registered User darkChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    758
    System: AMD Ryzen 2700, 16GB, RX 570 x2, Win 10

    https://www.deepfxworld.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •