Thread: Fade transition for M/E input

Fade transition for M/E input

I use a '3 Layer' configuration for my M/E. For those 3 layers, I use GFX1 as a background image, Input 4 as my camera input for speaker and Input 5 as my NDI source for display speaking notes/slides. I would like to be able to smoothly fade transition the 2nd row of my '3 Layer' configuration to a different camera input (much like you can with the main switcher rows). For example fade: Input 4 to Input 3 for a different camera angle on the speaker while staying on the M/E and having the other 2 layers stay the same. Is this possible with my M/E setup?

The only way I can see to do this is to 'hard cut' from Input 4 to Input 3 using the M/E switch row, but I would like to achieve a fade transition instead of a cut.

Setup:
    TriCaster 460
    AE2

You'll either have to use a KEY layer for this, or if you must use one of the main layers, use a second M/E with a Fade effect to supply the source for that layer.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks, good suggestions. For the KEY layer approach, would I have my different camera inputs in 2 different KEY layers and then fade one out and one in at the same time? Am I thinking of that right?

That could work. I'd go the other way, personally, though. It seems more flexible.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")