Thread: TC mini AE3 and Skype

TC mini AE3 and Skype

Does anyone one have specific steps on how to assign skype to an input? I had it working a few times, but now, notta.

Even when I have a skype call in progress, NDI running on my local machine, the mini doesn't see computer/skype. I have some docs here, but they don't help much.

The setup is as follows:

TC Mini AE3
    Local computer with NDI tools.

Launch the TC
    Start a skype call.
    Double check NDI is running on local, right click and choose caller
    go into TC and config the input... but there is no Skype/desktop to choose from. Only local input 1-4, black and test sig. I also have NDICENTRAL05 with mix 1-4 and teleprompt.

What tips/hints do you have to help me get this running. I have a lot riding on this.

Thanks

When you say you have double-checked that NDI is running on local, what exactly do you mean by that?

A few things to check...

1. Make sure you are running the desktop version of the Skype app, not the one from the Windows store.

2. Assuming you are running that version, go into Skype settings, calling, advanced and make sure Allow NDI usage is enabled.

If that NDI is enabled and you still can't see it on the TriCaster, try running one of the other NDI tools apps on your Skype machine, like NDI Scan Converter and see if that shows up as a source on your Mini. If not, there might be something going on with your network setup.

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Yes, it is the desktop version of skype. and yes, I have the NDI usage turned on.

I launched the studio monitor, launched skype, made a call to my other account, successfully added the feed into the NDI studio just fine. Went back to the tricaster and I dont see these as options in the input config. Tried the scan converter too, nothing.

I had this running fine, once. That was when the tricaster was on my wireless wifi. I have since hard-wired it through a network splitter, and thats when my issue seemd to appear. How can I tell if the tricaster can see the other machine at all?

OK, I think I got it. I had to exit out to the menu, and then I chose Add-ons >> NDI access manager, and I put the IP of the local computer in there. Now I have a world of options. =)

Glad you got it going!

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52