Thread: Advanced Edition 3 no longer supports iVGA - Need help

Advanced Edition 3 no longer supports iVGA - Need help

We recently upgraded out Tricaster 8000 to the latest Advanced Edition 3 firmware and we lost ability to display our Easyworship via ivga to traicaster.

I have read about the NDI solution and installed it on the desktop and setup everything but I have facing a challenge with this new system.

The laptop main screen is captured on Tricaster as a feed but no where to force it to display the secondary screen which is where we project our scriptures to external monitors.

The old ivga had a setting that allows you to select which screen but this new one does not have such option hence we are stuck.

Anyone able to assist.

Thanks

Assuming you're using Scan Converter, it is not necessary to select one or the other screen in the app. Instead, both screens are supplied to the network and you select the one you want to connect to on the TriCaster.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Unless two different physical graphics cards are being used. NDI Scan Converter will only offer the 'primary' GPU.

Otherwise, there are other Scan Converter 'like' tools you can use. OBS Studio with the NDI plug-in or vMix Desktop Capture are other solutions. They don't offer the same performance as NDI Scan Converter, but they should work on multi-GPU systems.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Hi guys sorry I didn't get any notification of comments but just seen them now. I will review the scan converter and see if its the one I installed and give it a try.

@kanep you know what I never actually checked if we have more than one physical adapter so would check that also. thanks