Thread: New landscape system

New landscape system

There have some pretty innovative, non-Lightwave mentions posted here of recent. I came across something quite by accident the other day that I'm pretty sure fits in the Game Changer category.
    At least for me.

It's a product on Daz's site. https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--...ndscape-system

Think of it as a sports model version of World Creator. Not as featured yet perhaps but developer is quite active.

I've been collecting Daz products for some years but always convert to use in Lightwave whenever I can. Frankly, DAZ has some great products, but just sucks interface-wise.

So here's a ByrdsEye view of a test run scene & that alone is pretty impressive, & just under 10min render.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ByrdsEye_130pm.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	788.7 KB 
ID:	147095

I decided to try pushing some things further with what the scene can handle. You might have spotted Rocky in the high shot at the edge of the water; a touch over 11 min render.

Name:	AcmeCam_11m57s_130PM.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	147096

But what you couldn't see was Bullwinkle over there munching away in the trees. Also, just over 11 mins.

Name:	NorthMooseCam_11m27s_130PM.jpg 
Views:	50 
ID:	147097

These aren't composites and ALL of the geom (landscape, raccoon & moose) is in the same scene & rendered in one pass. Using a Sun-Sky system in the Iray settings; an HDR works but really kicks up the time.

Mind you, not only does the landscape have close to 136K instances, the critters are fully furred LAMH characters.

https://www.daz3d.com/raccoon-by-am
    https://www.daz3d.com/the-moose

Rocky alone exports out to 1.2 Gb., and I'm just barely able to load into Layout. Last time I tried to export the moose I only got ~ three legs with fur. Maybe something like Alembic Exporter can handle this sort of thing, I don't know.

The DAZ Duf scene file with everything is 850 Mb.

Ultrascene is using some clever proxy manipulation. I suspect that this is possible in Lightwave, but it'll take someone even cleverer to do it perhaps.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB DDR4-2666
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core (64 cores avail)

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    There have some pretty innovative, non-Lightwave mentions posted here of recent. I came across something quite by accident the other day that I'm pretty sure fits in the Game Changer category.
    At least for me.

It's a product on Daz's site. https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--...ndscape-system

Think of it as a sports model version of World Creator. Not as featured yet perhaps but developer is quite active.

I've been collecting Daz products for some years but always convert to use in Lightwave whenever I can. Frankly, DAZ has some great products, but just sucks interface-wise.

So here's a ByrdsEye view of a test run scene & that alone is pretty impressive, & just under 10min render.

Name:	ByrdsEye_130pm.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	788.7 KB 
ID:	147095

I decided to try pushing some things further with what the scene can handle. You might have spotted Rocky in the high shot at the edge of the water; a touch over 11 min render.

Name:	AcmeCam_11m57s_130PM.jpg 
Views:	54 
ID:	147096

But what you couldn't see was Bullwinkle over there munching away in the trees. Also, just over 11 mins.

Name:	NorthMooseCam_11m27s_130PM.jpg 
Views:	50 
ID:	147097

These aren't composites and ALL of the geom (landscape, raccoon & moose) is in the same scene & rendered in one pass. Using a Sun-Sky system in the Iray settings; an HDR works but really kicks up the time.

Mind you, not only does the landscape have close to 136K instances, the critters are fully furred LAMH characters.

https://www.daz3d.com/raccoon-by-am
    https://www.daz3d.com/the-moose

Rocky alone exports out to 1.2 Gb., and I'm just barely able to load into Layout. Last time I tried to export the moose I only got ~ three legs with fur. Maybe something like Alembic Exporter can handle this sort of thing, I don't know.

The DAZ Duf scene file with everything is 850 Mb.

Ultrascene is using some clever proxy manipulation. I suspect that this is possible in Lightwave, but it'll take someone even cleverer to do it perhaps.
    Looks darn good, at least for AA, and color space and depth..guessing it relies on pre-made assets then, and not procedurally creating new ones withing the system.
    Thanks for the heads up, looks better than what most folks put out for vue vegetation.

The daz Iray sun and sky system is quite nice as well, so some tweaking with that would be nice.
    Thanks for the heads up..will look in to that.

Just one thing, I hate birch, I´m literally allergic to them, I hope I can use som pine trees instead if available?

It's largely procedural I believe but don't know the details on the instanced items. I can't find any temporary files such as might be generated for wt maps, etc. Maybe I'll test exporting just the terrain out to FBX as that retains vertex maps.

Apparently users are already hacking the JSON files so they can add their own assets though. This is only ver 1.0.0. I'd definitely like to use my X-Frog collection.

The more complex scenes seem to use Aspen. And I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as digital pollen.

I'm gonna have to learn the Sun & Sky systems better for both it seems. Once I got the correct values in for Long. & UTC offset, it works quite well.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB DDR4-2666
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core (64 cores avail)

thanks for info, i'll have to skip it i think, (no fur/dynamics/fluids etc) but like Prometheus mentions, very nice AA.

good price too.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz