Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: LWCAD DISCOUNT-Special LWCAD prices until the end of the current pandemic.

It should work also on 2018 basically from 2018 onwards

Got it resolved. We've been on the 2018 cycle for so long, forgot I hadn't purchased the upgrade to 2020 was all.
    Earth can't be flat otherwise cats would have pushed everything off the edge!

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core

I still have not received a response from Viktor Velichko regarding the blocking of his website in Russia. I would like to know what is the matter here.

I have noticed that if I'm using my NordVPN service here in the USA I can't connect to LWCAD3D.com. When it's off there is no problem. Perhaps something similar is going on for you?

yep, ive not been able to get on for months, or email him, doesn't work even using onion browser or anything, i can occasionally get on the logion page but as soon as i try to log in it kicks me out and blocks me again, i had the email for the download links, but like others there is no hyperlink attached to the button
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Works fine in Safari.
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.14 RX580 Pulse LW2020
    (plugins: LWCad 2020, TFD 1443, Syflex 2018, StarPro 2020, ExrTrader 2020, Ubercam 2.0, Daz Mocap, DP Light 2020, Quadpanels 1.5)

Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    yep, ive not been able to get on for months, or email him, doesn't work even using onion browser or anything, i can occasionally get on the logion page but as soon as i try to log in it kicks me out and blocks me again, i had the email for the download links, but like others there is no hyperlink attached to the button
    You are referring to the beta I presume?
    For some reason I just got a license report, with download n/a (I just downloaded the beta from my login).
    Some people seem to have received a newsletter.......!
    (plugins: LWCad 2020, TFD 1443, Syflex 2018, StarPro 2020, ExrTrader 2020, Ubercam 2.0, Daz Mocap, DP Light 2020, Quadpanels 1.5)

Well that just absolutely sucks. Have you tried the direct e-mail for either Viktor or Support (kinda the same, but should try both)?

The Big Apexx System:
    64GB

Quote Originally Posted by Markc View Post
    You are referring to the beta I presume?
    For some reason I just got a license report, with download n/a (I just downloaded the beta from my login).
    Some people seem to have received a newsletter.......!
    Somehow, I seem to have gotten on the Beta group so have been receiving the newsletter with the links. I've been using LWCad since 1.something & have spotted a few things over the years & maybe that's why.

I originally started using it in hopes of opening some eyes in my field to the potential for set design, with particular respect to lighting. I'm in the Set Lighting union in Hollywood. Unfortunately they've this mindset of using Vectorworks. That does have some really nice management features for calculation of cable runs, instrument inventory, etc. but absolutely sucks when it comes to modeling & rendering. Pulling out your lower eyelids with needle nose pliers & pouring in salt is only lightly less painful.

LW can quite literally run circles around it when it comes to that aspect & that's what Production Designers understand; something they can see. I took some classes for Vectorworks and one of the first things mentioned was avoid using it for rendering.

Great, just peachy. $1500 piece of software but don't expect to render with it in a timely fashion.

Even so, I largely use LWCad more for it's other capabilities such as vector cloning, move snapping, various cleanup tools, etc., woefully missing for the native LW tool set, rather than it's actual CAD capabilities.

I somewhat agree with the complaint of the selection process, and I did mention this some time back that Viktor should really update a video on basic functions rather than assume that EVERYONE is familiar with something that was explained 8 versions back.

He's ate, lived & slept with this stuff for years, but for those of use who only use it on occasion, it really gets confusing when it comes to some basic functions. NURBS and Polys interfacing for example. I think a major menu re-organizing is needed for one thing. Some means of knowing what can interact with what would REALLY be helpful. It needs to be visually obvious in the UI rather than relying on human wetware.

And what does TR mean anyway? He's NEVER explained that I have seen.
    Last edited by Ma3rk; 10-21-2020 at 01:44 AM.

The Big Apexx System:
    64GB

yea emailed, seems others have tried too with no response, even tried the old wtools site as i can get on that one fine, it seems anything that has "lwcad.com" related to it is completely blocked,
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,

Have you tried on another device, phone or tablet.

I can connect/logon with my Mac or iPad using Safari.

Both lwcad.com and wtools3d.com are hosted in Slovakia, but from two different web hosting companies.

You can check accessibility by opening a command or terminal window and typing "ping lwcad.com" and then "ping wtools3d.com".

This will display if a connection is possible outside of a web browser. If it is possible, this troubleshooting step would suggest there's something blocking it at a browser level (via extension/addon or other inherent security method in the browser).
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive.
    Active LW Development in 2020: DB&W | Deep FX | DPont | LWCAD | TrueArt | ...

Quote Originally Posted by OFF View Post
    I still have not received a response from Viktor Velichko regarding the blocking of his website in Russia. I would like to know what is the matter here.
    I have no support request from you.
    NO email, now web form request.

It looks like it is problems with your machine or ISP.

https://isitblockedinrussia.com/?host=www.lwcad.com
    This is listing lwcad site as not blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by W-Tools View Post
    I have no support request from you.
    NO email, now web form request.

It looks like it is problems with your machine or ISP.

https://isitblockedinrussia.com/?host=www.lwcad.com
    This is listing lwcad site as not blocked.
    I've tried from multiple devices and places, im 99% the problem is with your website logon security, if i reset my isp ip address i can get to the site and browse pages, the second i try to type in my user name (a hotmail address) it kicks me out and blocks my IP, i can then not get to any lwcad page even though I could browse them before attempting to login, as download requires login i still haven't been able to download 2020, I've sent emails but I'm guessing the same security that is blocking the browsing could be filtering emails from the same ip/address

I've tried from multiple devices and places, im 99% the problem is with your website logon security, if i reset my isp ip address i can get to the site and browse pages, the second i try to type in my user name (a hotmail address) it kicks me out and blocks my IP, i can then not get to any lwcad page even though I could browse them before attempting to login, as download requires login i still haven't been able to download 2020, I've sent emails but I'm guessing the same security that is blocking the browsing could be filtering emails from the same ip/address
    write here last 6 digits of your LWCAD serial number here, so a can check your account.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast