Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 63

Thread: LWCAD DISCOUNT-Special LWCAD prices until the end of the current pandemic.

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    there was a link with info, but as said above site has been down for 2 days so cant get it,
    My IP address was blocked from the LWCAD website for some reason a year ago and I had to get a new IP address from my service provider and then I could access it again. Not sure why but it was pretty weird.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

    https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

  2. #32
    www.Digitawn.co.uk rustythe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    1,390
    yes, that's what appears to of happened to me too, cant access from any browser or device, as soon as I click login or buy I just get banned, oh well, will save some cash I suppose,
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

  3. #33
    Curmudgeon in Training Ma3rk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Near Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    My IP address was blocked from the LWCAD website for some reason a year ago and I had to get a new IP address from my service provider and then I could access it again. Not sure why but it was pretty weird.
    He Nicolas,
    Have you tried here:

    http://www.lwcad.com/html/support/su...k_question.php

    With the various changes during that time, who knows where all in the ether things ended up. I suspect Viktor will get back to you direct.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

    The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB DDR4-2666
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core (64 cores avail)

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    He Nicolas,
    Have you tried here:

    http://www.lwcad.com/html/support/su...k_question.php

    With the various changes during that time, who knows where all in the ether things ended up. I suspect Viktor will get back to you direct.
    Changing my IP address fixed it. I had originally contacted Viktor about the problem I was having accessing his website but he didn't seem to know what could be causing it so that led me to believe the IP address was being blocked at some other point enroute to his site that he was not aware of.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

    https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

  5. #35
    www.Digitawn.co.uk rustythe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    1,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    He Nicolas,
    Have you tried here:

    http://www.lwcad.com/html/support/su...k_question.php

    With the various changes during that time, who knows where all in the ether things ended up. I suspect Viktor will get back to you direct.
    im blocked from that too, unfortunately I think its the way the hybrid fiber works here and the way the end I.P is seen so looks like no new cad for me
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

  6. #36
    Founding member raymondtrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,107
    Consider a free VPN connection to get around these obstacles. The free Opera browser has built-in VPN. https://www.opera.com/features/free-vpn
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    im blocked from that too, unfortunately I think its the way the hybrid fiber works here and the way the end I.P is seen so looks like no new cad for me
    Will your internet service provider change your IP address? That will likely fix the issue or maybe try the free VPN that Raymond is suggesting.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

    https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

  8. #38
    www.Digitawn.co.uk rustythe1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    1,390
    seems its my email that's blocked, opera worked up to the same point of either logging in or try to contact then it blocks the VPN so would have to register a new account on different email but then lose the added discount of upgrade
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

  9. #39
    Just pre ordered my copy of LWCAD 2020. This plugin has always been key to getting my work done efficiently and quickly. A great set of tools for the price!
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

    https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

  10. #40
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    16,751
    Unfortunately, because of what is Not happening in Lightwave Layout..I will skip any plans to invest in LW cad for the nearest future.
    There were in principle two Major things that would have made me upgrade to Lightwave 2020 and also consider a purchase of LW cad, that was modeling tools in Layout, and a GPU renderer...but none of that did happen so..

    in another software for free in a lite version...Ivé found some tools that adress the wonderful engraver tool lw cad has, , so I will work with that for a while.

  11. #41
    Registered User jimzombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    31
    I jumped in. It's nice to have some great new modeler tools. Looking forward to seeing what 2020 brings.

  12. #42

    just Do it.

    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

  13. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Unfortunately, because of what is Not happening in Lightwave Layout..I will skip any plans to invest in LW cad for the nearest future.
    There were in principle two Major things that would have made me upgrade to Lightwave 2020 and also consider a purchase of LW cad, that was modeling tools in Layout, and a GPU renderer...but none of that did happen so..

    in another software for free in a lite version...Ivé found some tools that adress the wonderful engraver tool lw cad has, , so I will work with that for a while.
    I really don't think we will likely ever see modeling tools in Layout beyond what's already there. I stopped holding my breath for that many years ago. I use LWCAD to make a living so I always try to make sure I upgrade it in order to get the latest features and support LWCAD so in continues to be developed.
    Last edited by Nicolas Jordan; 04-28-2020 at 09:30 AM.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

    https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

  14. #44
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    16,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    I really don't think we will likely ever see modeling tools in Layout beyond what's already there. I stopped holding my breath for that many years ago. I use LWCAD to make a living so I always try to make sure I upgrade it in order to get the latest features and support LWCAD so in continues to be developed.
    Who really knows? we can only speculate.
    For me, Even though I kind of like a split app in "Some cases" I am utterly convinced Lightwave will not survive..no matter what they do with the modeler, unless getting mesh creation right in Layout..wether how long it will survive in this mode..who know, but I am quite convinced it definetly will die out.

    As a customer I wouldn´t want to invest and continue to loose out on sculpting tools with mesh creation, skin modifiers, curve tools in layout,
    if the management of Lightwave would think otherwis..it would like hitting their head on the door over and over for each release, and forgetting to open it before actually getting somewhere out the door.

    These are some incentives that simply makes me not upgrading to 2020...had they on the other hand declared that..yes,
    they will be implenting it for sure, another matter.
    I am also convinced Newtek/vizrt will loose out much more customers this time around and also with reference to still no sight of layout modeling tools,
    and for that matter, not much done in modeler either, and that is also
    an incentive to not support a Company anymore that seems to be draining itself from customers.

    Unfortunately that is so from my perspective when I sum up all the patterns I see in the development and community responses,
    and which people have made a crossover to something else so drasticly the latest years.

    I am currently looking at alternatives for LW cad, and some tools are free that does some things I really like,
    perhaps not all and I would need more tools than one, but lw engraver..a free tool in lite mode that I can use in another software.
    Just found out about bullet motors and bullet dynamics in another software ..which also are some features I need in another software..and got that confirmed to have an alternative also.

    A decent insight on what will happen for modeler tools in layout..and LW cad working inside of Layout..that would have made all the difference in the world.

  15. #45

    what we know is that they need to add new, efficient Modeler tools and functions. Be it in Layout or Modeler.

    arrival, who knows... 2-3-4 years...


    it is uncertain.

    Last edited by erikals; 04-28-2020 at 03:31 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •