Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LWCAD DISCOUNT-Special LWCAD prices until the end of the current pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    Ah, come on Prom. The price offered is a fraction of normal. The Dollar is less than the Euro now. For many, that's ~ a 1/2 days wage. Sure these are scary times, but your also going to have a LOT of time to occupy now none the less, aren't you? The efficiency, features, etc. gained will be more than made up.

How many YEARS have you had your nose pressed up against the toy store window now? You will kick yourself, or hire someone to do so, if you don't jump on this while you can. Trust me.

Right folks?
    listen..
    I can not justify buying it mainly because of these things.

1. I am unemployed.

2. I am a hobby lwuser.

3. the times arent right..I said to myself..if I am to invest in Any lw plugin..lightwave 2020 must motivate and validate itself holding up to certain standards before I purchase more tools for it...we have not much info on what lw will bring.

4. the times arent right as corona is affecting jobs...for an unseeable probably long period.

5. I have a lot to adress in the household..which is more important than a nifty 3d tool..I really do not need crucially.

6. I have no particular project that needs it...just that it would make a lot of modeling easier...isnt enough.

with that background..it just wouldnt be responsable of me to just buy it without more to motivate it.

I think lightwave 2020 needs to be released mainly..if I ever were to consider it.

yes, it depends. if you do lots of modeling, LWcad is a Must.

if you don't, then it is not.

cash also has to be considered, poor guy here (got myself to blame --- money talks.

----------

did buy LWcad 4.00 tho' and, needles to say, it is neat, and still kicking!
    Last edited by erikals; 04-06-2020 at 09:34 AM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    yes, it depends. if you do lots of modeling, LWcad is a Must.

if you don't, then it is not.

cash also has to be considered, poor guy here (got myself to blame --- money talks.

----------

did buy LWcad 4.00 tho' and, needles to say, it is neat, and still kicking!

I have a lot of savings though, so if it was a question about just now, no problems really...but it isnīt crucial for me either..it would just be a fun tool mostly..though granted would make things easier to model etc.
    Right now it is about preparing for any eventual hard time ahead, and as such ..it would be irresponsable towards myself to start spending and throwing money around like that,
    unless I could have a clear indication that it for me would be an investment that
    would pay off as well...this is not the times to gamble or have fun with the money, if you are in a position where you know you will get a benefit that pays off...then I recommend a purchase of course, the offer is generous.

I need a new Freezer and a new bed, some more new furniture, medical back up, and other buffers if something breaks..possibly a new computer, and who knows, a new Lightwave, but even that will have to pass through my stingy mind right now.

I myself do not travel around in the world, but I wonder how many people find themself thinking twice about that, and put the vacation money on home vacation somehow or something else.

Despite some new bevel profiling in blender 2.82 ..there is still no way to engrave a poly stripe with profiles like lw cad does it..with engraver, at least I do not know about any tool to do that.
    I think modo has implemented that to work natively though.

2.82 does have Custom Bevel Profiles.
    not linking it here tho' since this is the NT forum.

but it shows NT needs to step up the game.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

websites been down for a few days for me, was thinking about upgrade!
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

In any case, Viktor does a remarkable job, I am an architect, and lwcad is an excellent and essential interface between autocad and lightwave. Its plugin allows me to process my projects with more ease and to be more productive in my pipeline production. Import of high quality dxf even on very complex plan files, modification of dxf directly in model with these tools, and export to reintegrate in autocad the new plans. Also at the same time I was able to set up the 3D model for rendering = a two-in-one work (plan and 3D model). I am looking forward to the next 2020 version.
    Very cordialy
    Sylvain

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    2.82 does have Custom Bevel Profiles.
    not linking it here tho' since this is the NT forum.

but it shows NT needs to step up the game.
    That doesnīt work on polys the way lwcad does with the engraver tool, itīs totally different.
    You canīt pick a top row of polys in a loop and perform a step bevel profile from the polys.

Engraver adds additional geometry to the selected flat polys and perform a profile around that, while blender just works to bevel mostly from the edges and not adding extra geometry on flat polys, so it can not create those
    engraving profiles.
    Any segment increasement in blenders bevel segment seems to works on the just only the created bevel, and not on the base poly.

For an edge it works similar, but to perform an engrave style ala LWcad, no...you need to pick and edge on top of an object, or side or bottom, but you can not perform it in a middle poly section or middle edge section or top poly row section.

0:17 in the clip..
    As far as I know of, you can not do this in blender, and not with the new custom profiles beveling either.
    So a testamente to Victors genious, but wouldnīt it be super awesome if this would be a modifier, non destructively so you could change an engraver profile at any time, someday..meanwhile select merge or erase and create a new one I guess.

I've been lurking on this deal since this thread went up. I just upgraded my office, and I too am primarily a hobbyist user. I do love tools though hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzombie View Post
    I've been lurking on this deal since this thread went up. I just upgraded my office, and I too am primarily a hobbyist user. I do love tools though hmm.
    With still a concern about not spending when a crise is going on, and with the concern of me currently using lw from the hobby perspective...It still would matter a lot and raise motivation if lightwave 2020 was released to show what
    they have been focusing on and adressed, that could men a purchase of both Lightwave and LW cad at once, provided the deal sustains for a 30 demo period of lightwave, and it wouldnīt be bad if such Lightwave would be synced with LwCad and victor for a special bundle price..seems to me that would be attractive, and removing all the speculations as to what level we could use the Core Lightwave and the addon to do for us.

But I suspect Victor will probably end this great pricing before Lighwave 2020 arrives, but otherwise I need to keep an hawkeye on both of them and see if there will be this window of a good deal for both of them at the same time.

Canīt recall..but at sometime newtek had the Lightwave campaign together bundled with LwCAd for a certain price.

I have LWCAD 2018 so I would be preordering the upgrade to LWCAD 2020 if I did this. Does anyone know what will be in LWCAD 2020?
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    I have LWCAD 2018 so I would be preordering the upgrade to LWCAD 2020 if I did this. Does anyone know what will be in LWCAD 2020?
    there was a link with info, but as said above site has been down for 2 days so cant get it,
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    there was a link with info, but as said above site has been down for 2 days so cant get it,
    Links appear fine. Start at the homepage and click "buy".

http://www.lwcad.com
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    Yeah, I had no problem logging into the site either today.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast