Thread: 3Play 4800 Multi-Standard vs USA/NTSC version?

3Play 4800 Multi-Standard vs USA/NTSC version?

I have a client here in Florida that has a 3Play 4800. They want me to do a weeks-long production in Europe later in the year (hopefully things are better by then, so it doesn't get canceled).

According to this map, we will be in a few countries that are either PAL or PAL/SECAM.
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...NTSC-SECAM.svg

Does the NTSC vs Multi-Standard version of TriCaster and 3Play even matter any more? We will take the 3Play 4800, but use cameras sourced in Europe. It will be an HD production (1080 or 720p).

In years past, I know there was a NTSC version of TriCaster and a Multi-Standard version of the TriCaster. Is there any difference now?
    Blue Screen Sam (Sam Dommick)
    Orlando, FL

Anyone know the answer to this? Are all 3Play units now effectively multi-standard units? Does this even matter any longer in the HD world? Will this unit work properly with cameras sourced/rented in Europe?
    Blue Screen Sam (Sam Dommick)
    Orlando, FL

Yes, it matters (framerates differ). I do think all current units support both PAL and NTSC, and have or quite some time, but I was hoping someone in sales or support would confirm. You could always fire off an email to [email protected], I guess.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")