Thread: Split audio with SkypeTX into TC-1?

Exclamation Split audio with SkypeTX into TC-1?

Hi all. I am having trouble with some basic audio routing in the TC-1 when I have 2 Skype TX channels active.
    I need to be able to record split audio: in this case, both Skype calls on one channel, and an additional audio source on the other. It doesn't matter which channel is which but for example, a studio microphone on ch1 and both Skype participants on ch2.
    If I try panning or adjusting the way I would think it would need to be adjusted, there are communication issues: the Skype participants cannot talk to or hear each other, or the person on the studio mic cannot talk to or hear the Skype. Any suggestions on how to route the audio so that I can get a split 2 channel internal recording and output via SDI (and have everyone hear each other?)
    Thanks in advance.
    -Shaun

i know Skype TX on the TC1 does mix minus automatically so there may be some limitations there. Did you try adding it to another mix say mix 2 and then put them onto their respective channels 1,2,3 and then record your mix feed but set that mix to use aux 2 audio instead of master? Should then have all 4 channels separate as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post
    i know Skype TX on the TC1 does mix minus automatically so there may be some limitations there.
    IT's a little while since I looked at this, but my recollection is that the internal Skype mix minuses are for supply to the remote caller only. It should be possible to get pretty much anything you want internally in the TC using routing to set up aux mixes.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    IT's a little while since I looked at this, but my recollection is that the internal Skype mix minuses are for supply to the remote caller only. It should be possible to get pretty much anything you want internally in the TC using routing to set up aux mixes.
    Yeah, to my knowledge there is no control for the mix minus its just automatic and awesome usually If I started doing routing to the skype audio and it impacted the automagic mix minus for the caller I would consider that a bug I think. Ill try and test it.

If I started doing routing to the skype audio and it impacted the automagic mix minus for the caller I would consider that a bug I think. Ill try and test it.
    I agree, but am pretty confident it works as designed. If not, do sing out, please.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

The mix minus works properly with the Skype callers and another person in my studio. The issue is that I cannot record discrete audio tracks. The minute I route the audio the way I want it, no one can hear eachother.
    I have figured out that if something is not on ch 1 then the Skype callers cannot hear it.

You need to take a look at the Routing tab in the configuration panel for each input. You can set up a number of Aux mixes, as required. This should have no impact on the 'master minus me' sound sent back to the remote caller.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Ok we will take another look and reply back when we can. Thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC248 View Post
    Ok we will take another look and reply back when we can. Thanks so much.
    see my first comment as a way to put each into their own channel, the mix recordings should have 4 channels of discrete audio to play with vs the mp4 recording which will be stereo

i know Skype TX on the TC1 does mix minus automatically so there may be some limitations there. Did you try adding it to another mix say mix 2 and then put them onto their respective channels 1,2,3 and then record your mix feed but set that mix to use aux 2 audio instead of master? Should then have all 4 channels separate as needed.
    Thanks for this. To clarify, would we then be recording a single file with 4 tracks? Or 2 stereo tracks? My goal is to record a single file with 2 audio channels: both skypes on one channel, and a studio mic and the other.

This should be entirely possible, setting up an AUX mix to suit and recording a secondary Mixed output using that as its audio source.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by NYC248 View Post
    Thanks for this. To clarify, would we then be recording a single file with 4 tracks? Or 2 stereo tracks? My goal is to record a single file with 2 audio channels: both skypes on one channel, and a studio mic and the other.
    it's just one file that contains multiple audio tracks in the video which is what you're looking for. You could do what you want exactly and leave the other two free or if you wanted discrete control in your edit you could have each of the four audio sources and their own channel but you do not have to use all four if you do not want to

Thanks, I'll try it out next chance I have.