Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously NewTek... This is your best moment for LW2020

Quote Originally Posted by WaveRider View Post
    Basic modeling capabilities in Layout and something like a weighted normals modifier would be nice. Maybe some improvements to particles/dynamics.
    Maybe?
    As al Pacino sayed with a little humble attitude in the movie HEAT, "GIVE ME ALL YOU GOT..GIVE ME ALL YOU GOT"

Quote Originally Posted by Qexit View Post
    Hehe, it seems it's not just Swedes that are a virus. I got an AncestryDNA Kit for my birthday back in February and I got the results last night. As expected, I'm 90% Yorkshireman but it turns out I'm also 7% Irish and Scottish and 3%.......Norwegian
    Ancestry can be a bit fun, but also hard to track exactly, so many variations that also could yield not so correct heritage.

Many years ago, we received a letter from a far distant relative..The henry´s..living in Minnesota, they actually came over here..but unfortunately I missed them with bad timing, I was having my student exam celebration that day, recall they were quite old at that time, they are not alive and I don´t think they had any children or other relatives left there.
    Between 1800-1920, there was around 1.5 millions of emigrating Swedes to America, bad crop years and cold summers and winters, at least on the early years.

Here´s some of the Swede Virus infections, in leading roles..with Swedish DNA currently spread in the United States...even a president, not sure what is cooking inside of Bernie S though

Emma stone
    Scarlet Johansson
    Kevin Spacey
    Julia Roberts
    Kirsten Dunst
    James Franco
    Mark Wahlberg
    George W Bush
    Matt damon
    Taylor Swift
    Uma Thurman

It´s a constant war though, we have to fight MC donalds, Coke..and superhero movies, all tv shows from the U.S and the lifestyles presented in all that
    You (U.S)guys need to promote Lightwave a bit more here in Sweden though.

Swedish isn´t that much of a deal anyway really as any kind of special infection , So many in the U.S that got a lot from others such as Germany, irish, norwegian danish etc...America is sort of the mixing pot from a lot around the world, so for the Gene pool over there to be more varied than in europe itself isn´t a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Nice.
    wrong answer :-)

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    You got to be kidding, did you really take my response seriously
    It´s all ok, I didn´t perceive your comment ad "Dead" serious. It´s just fun to expand in to the serious side of something..even though the intial debate was a bit ironic.

Enjoy the drinks...with moderation
    Skal! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kievi View Post
    Skal! :-)
    thanks for the celebrating greeting...should be skål though..skal means "shell" in swedish.
    but hey..I have been noticing a lot of spelling errors in my own english the latest months...maybe I'm loosing it
    a bit scary...often just missing letters.

must have been the drinks in my thirties.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    thanks for the celebrating greeting...should be skål though..skal means "shell" in swedish.
    but hey..I have been noticing a lot of spelling errors in my own english the latest months...maybe I'm loosing it
    a bit scary...often just missing letters.

must have been the drinks in my thirties.

Ooh...i´m sorry...I totally relied on google translate.
    And i need a tutorial vor the ° over the a :-)

thought it was Skäl...

Skål it is then, just like in Norway...  
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Looking at the situation unfolding in the world, how does the thread title look now ? Personally I wish they would release it, but is it strategically wise to release a LW2020 ? The year naming convention could be more of a timestamp, without necessarily guaranteeing a release every year, eg LW2015/18...

should be fine i think,

modo 14 is out
    max 2021 is out

if they choose to name it LightWave 2020, or LightWave Overlord, i don't care...  
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Soon maybe a 3ds max 2021 indie version for everyone, not the limited release like last year. https://cgpress.org/archives/autodes...worldwide.html

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Looking at the situation unfolding in the world, how does the thread title look now ? Personally I wish they would release it, but is it strategically wise to release a LW2020 ? The year naming convention could be more of a timestamp, without necessarily guaranteeing a release every year, eg LW2015/18...
    Well the yearly numbering system did not help. NT Also implied this was what indeed they were hoping to do bring out yearly updates. Now of course if its delayed by another few months then maybe its better just to leave it and release LW 2021, after all there was a LW 2017 before 2018, internally at least.

Of course then that means no money coming in for LW this year, however maybe that's a wise move as many might consider an investment in LW during these times as not really needed. Of course as we dont know whats planned for 2020, maybe it will blow our socks off enough to warrant us spending even for only 6 months of a release.

Also we have new owners and who is to say whether the licensing system will remain the same and at the same price.
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    LightWave Overlord
    I like it.

LW Watcher
    LightWave Overlord
    Lightwave? Oh my Lord, is that still going? is the usual reaction..

the only thing worth reading here and on modo forums involves other apps and blender.

thought it was Skäl...

Skål it is then, just like in Norway...  
    Nope...that spelling means yet another thing, in english that would be "reason" and in Norwegian "opplesning"
    And pronounced it wouldn´t be the same as Skål with a pronounced "k" it would be read as "chh"

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast