Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously NewTek... This is your best moment for LW2020

Quote Originally Posted by Free4Ever View Post
    Really thought that 31/3 was going to be LW2020 day, but guess not. Just googled that Lightwave 3D 1.0 was released in December 1990, but presented in August at Siggraph 90 with the video toaster for 5000$. 30 years...
    The thought must surely have crossed your mind that the corona situation probably may have an impact on the release schedule as well, Jarno mentioned that there is sales and marketing teams that suddenly ended up in a very awkward situation ...perhaps not able to meet in person, the lightwave dev team has been working from home before, but perhaps not the others.

So perhaps it will take a bit longer than expected to manage online meetings from home..and then we do not know if that will be enough or if they decided to wait til they actually can meet in person as well.

Sorry for my posting behavior being somewhat like a virus, autoresponding to each post I can attach to

Really thought that 31/3 was going to be LW2020 day, but guess not. Just googled that Lightwave 3D 1.0 was released in December 1990, but presented in August at Siggraph 90 with the video toaster for 5000$. 30 years...
    You've made me remember that Kat specifically mentioned it being an interesting release as the 30th anniversary of Lightwave, so maybe that was a factor in the planned release date, but the damn virus has had other ideas..

The quarantines should not be an issue since Lightwave is now managed by swedes and Sweden has the most liberal quarantine measures in the western world. Dev team can work on as usual. Marketing and sales should have an easier time now that all fairs/expos are closed, just go for 100% online marketing and selling. It is not like the lightwave3d.com site and Facebook has been given too much love the last few years...

Had they been selling the Video Toaster 2020, I would agree that the virus is an issue...

The quarantines should not be an issue since Lightwave is now managed by swedes and Sweden has the most liberal quarantine measures in the western world. Dev team can work on as usual. Marketing and sales should have an easier time now that all fairs/expos are closed, just go for 100% online marketing and selling. It is not like the lightwave3d.com site and Facebook has been given too much love the last few years...

Had they been selling the Video Toaster 2020, I would agree that the virus is an issue...

Read what Jarno said in this thread..
    The lightwave team and sales and marketing knows best, we can only guess.
    However..I think you underestimate the impact the virus has right now over peoples options to perform their work ..or you just happened to be ironic

As for swedish liberal quarantine measures, itīs a plea and trust to our swedish manners..and as such or despite of that, recruiters have cancelled meetings with me..and others for an unknown suspended time.
    And the unemployment agency is getting overloaded soon, and an expected 9% unemployment is on itīs way.

I donīt think the curves of the spreading of the disease is much worse in mostother countries, and not deaths either, except for our neighbouring countries..which has a lesser dense population in the city areas, and probably not as many immigrants as well..which could be one factor.

Not sure if the swedes and the norwegian CEOS are running the show from the nordic continent right now? and how much they travel to the other continent
    normally?

Michael Hallen has some companies cooking on side If I am not mistaken in gothenburg(wayamba) ..and chairman for the board of paxport in stockholm.
    Thatīs a five company engagement in various constellations.
    But I suspect there must be more guys involved in the marketing and sales than them, and that those are not operating from sweden.

https://www.lightwave3d.com/about_lightwave_group/

Post 105...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    The LW engineering team has been working from home for many years. But releasing a product requires more than engineering. There are also the marketing, sales, support, and IT people who now find themselves in more unusual and challenging conditions.

---JvdL---
    So either Jarno is lying, or in fact donīt know for sure, or he simply knows exactly what is going on..since he works for vizrt/newtek...I put All my bets on the latter.

There may also be a variable to account for when they do their thinking, what if we release now, when people are struggling in many other senses..would that be a given success and a reliable time to release it? or could it be a disaster due to the customers put a shut down on their purses right now... considering the tough times ahead, or are they willing to spend?
    Perhaps they plan to reduce the price as to show a good option for those struggling, and thereby having a decent release sales.

Kat hasnīt recovered yet? I think he may have been a part of setting up licenses previously...not sure though, or if he will be this time.

Lightwave is now managed by swedes
    I doubt that. It appears that NT has full autonomy on all things under the NT badge.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    I doubt that. It appears that NT has full autonomy on all things under the NT badge.
    I find it odd though, a discussion of the future..from those who are a part of the https://www.lightwave3d.com/about_lightwave_group/

Noting is revealed and explained around the product Lightwave, they choosen to talk in broad terms without disclosing anything about the products really.

https://issuu.com/futurepublishing/d...al_june2019/20
    https://www.vizrt.com/vizrt/press-center/newtek-info

And when looking back at a missing spokes person ..they really could use right now, Chuck...I hope his retirement is working out fine, and that the virus isnīt
    catching him to screw that up.

As for the lightwave current management team, everything about it shouts disconnection from Lightwave or silence about Lightwave, where it previously had a much stronger connection to artists and movie makers, while now a seemingly impression of business heritage and not any connection with anything Lightwave releated, despite the name of "Lightwave management team"

Can only hope there is a so much more under the hood section for the Lightwave development guys in charge.

The leading guys of Vizrt seem rich, they should contact jangafx, give him an offer he canīt refuse, and buy the realtime fluid engine, it would fit in well with the other realtime stuff for 3D vizrt has been focusing on.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Nothing is revealed and explained around the product Lightwave,
    Well there's proof that nothing has changed with Vizrt acquisition.
    Last edited by Tim Parsons; 03-31-2020 at 02:05 PM.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    Well there's proof that nothing has changed with Vizrt acquisition.
    We really know very little about what has changed, or what plans are for the 3D section.
    We have indications...and a previous release, not much more flesh on the bones of or beloved Lightwave than that

Thanks for the replay of post 105.
    Just saying that some manage to do all types of work from home, from most diciplines in a company. Hoping that LW2020 makes it for the big 30 years birthday party.

it sounds underlying from post 105 that LightWave 2020 won't be out just yet.

how far away? who knows, we're talking LightWave dates, could be anything.

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

all this said. looking forward to the next LightWave release!

since lw 2020 is dead atm.. what's new in the rest of the 3d world, anything of note?

LightWave 2020 is on hold, meanwhile, buy plugins, like >
    Deep Rising, Turbulence, ODTools, LWcad, RHiggit, TAFA, RRTools, etc etc...

what's new in the rest of the 3d world, anything of note?
    um, well, [B] is hammering along, the other apps are so-so imo.

been a long time since i saw something truly revolutionary in the 3D arena.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast