Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously NewTek... This is your best moment for LW2020

Quote Originally Posted by kievi View Post
    In German, blender means something like someone who shows off. From this point of view, the silence around lightwave is quite pleasant.

I also find Newtek's trust in its users really remarkable. You run a forum, completely without admins. This is called trust. :-)
    forum? what forum - this place belongs to prometheus and erikals we just interfere their chat hahah

i've noticed prometheus sometimes takes the weekends off.

feel free to play!

  
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by tyrot View Post
    forum? what forum - this place belongs to prometheus and erikals we just interfere their chat hahah
    Yes, and have you noticed how the new LW guys now have strong Swedish connections ? Maybe Prom' is their inside point man. Deffo something Scandinavian going on...

Top Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Ztreem View Post
    I don’t say that you’re wrong. I just think this is a little biased view. Would you say that this is true reversed as well? Like if you was used to work in blender for many years and come over to modeler and did a model over the weekend, would it still be faster in LW? Can I ask what type of modeling you do?
    Of course, I am biased! Aren't all these posts come from a certain perspective! I primarily do product and architectural visualization. Certainly there is still a lot of muscle memory with LW (plus LWCad), but I found when I gave 3DS Max a go that I was able to complete projects without a hit to productivity.

That said, with my current Blender project in a good state, I can see where I will now get a boost in productivity. By setting up collections, instances, etc., I will be able to make updates much more quickly than I would be able to in LightWave. Also I find Eevee and Cycles quite nice.

What is win-win for me though, is that I've been relatively easily been trading resources between the two via FBX. So I am able to leverage the strengths of both.

Rough week. Woah.

Some LW news would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. (Fez) View Post
    Some LW news would be nice.
    Dream on.
    Carm
    Carm3D.com
    vimeo.com/carm3d

"All war is deception." - Sun Tzu

now you've scared me :-)

but....

the stars at night are big and bright, and now, you are my forum light.
    So sit down and take a beer, and tell us why is LW 2020 not here :-)
    And during the day the stars become small and dark.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tyrot View Post
    When the world is silent, someone needs to speak up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Yes, and have you noticed how the new LW guys now have strong Swedish connections ? Maybe Prom' is their inside point man. Deffo something Scandinavian going on...
    Swedes are a virus, we are about to infect the world, perhaps not in population..yet, but with ideas.
    Itīs just a new world order comming, but donīt worry..I willl be gentle with everyone nice in here.

And now..I donīt have time for this, spring bre...cleaning I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Swedes are a virus, we are about to infect the world, perhaps not in population..yet, but with ideas.
    Itīs just a new world order comming, but donīt worry..I willl be gentle with everyone nice in here.

And now..I donīt have time for this, spring bre...cleaning I mean.
    Hehe, it seems it's not just Swedes that are a virus. I got an AncestryDNA Kit for my birthday back in February and I got the results last night. As expected, I'm 90% Yorkshireman but it turns out I'm also 7% Irish and Scottish and 3%.......Norwegian
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Quote Originally Posted by Qexit View Post
    Hehe, it seems it's not just Swedes that are a virus. I got an AncestryDNA Kit for my birthday back in February and I got the results last night. As expected, I'm 90% Yorkshireman but it turns out I'm also 7% Irish and Scottish and 3%.......Norwegian
    Oh...the issue goes back farther than that, somewhere down the line there is a part of the evil monkey in us, and further back ..bacteria.

Cool

[QUOTE

I am clearly opposed to the Scandinavians gaining world domination. That would only mean more taxes on alcohol.

[QUOTE

I am clearly opposed to the Scandinavians gaining world domination. That would only mean more taxes on alcohol.
    I donīt care, alcohol will only screw up your brain...and it doesnīt make you a better driver or husband or behave nicely to children.

I only drink a couple of ciders each year, when I was between 18-30..a lot more though, partying etc, but honestly...nowadays I do not need it really, if the sacrifice is to be a little more boring VS the gain in health, saving money, avoiding car accidents, burning brain cells, people getting in to violence, rapes and murders...the choice is pretty clear.

I would also force all of you to jump around a midsummer pole and sing the little frog song...unfortunately, I would have to go against the swedish traditions of getting loaded at that time, mostly there is a serious alcohol problem
    during that event..almost everytime.

Talk about taxes, it would become too political if going in to depth about that.
    You would get parantal leave a lot, and you will have your vacation rights of 5 weeks every year (if you are over 30) and if you work in the public sector, you will have 7 weeks every year.
    You would also have health insurance, a lot of free schools...and a security if you donīt have unemployment insurance (social welfare)

And as they say in the vid below, all things are taxed in sweden..crazy, but filing the taxes takes a few minutes, while if they do in in the u.s it would take 12 hours (though I can not confirm that as to be true for everyone over there) and that maybe doesnīt matter if you get richer.

But itīs a matter of sharing and spreading the welth/welfare for all of us living here, I honestly donīt think we have anywhere near the general powerty the United states has.

This guy Stefan Thyron from portland..has a fun youtube channel, he moved here to sweden(not for the taxes but for the girl..what else )
    He and another another guy from Texas discusses their living in Sweden..not sure if it was this video, but somewhere on his many vids on his channels..he talks about the tax system, how we behave vs Americans etc..and a lot more from weather, fika (coffe break) to clothing etc.

Maybe we shouldnt take too deeply about the various economy and system, ..talks about how we dress, drink, and behave in general or other traditions is easier to discuss without going berzerk I think.
    And as can be heard in the vidīs later section, they seem to think we are party goers and seriously drinkers, not in the same level as russians, but serious heavy drinkers..and yeah, summer months in the subway
    is horrible...for me that is.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I donīt care, alcohol will only screw up your brain...and it doesnīt make you a better driver or husband or behave nicely to children.

I only drink a couple of ciders each year, when I was between 18-30..a lot more though, partying etc, but honestly...nowadays I do not need it really, if the sacrifice is to be a little more boring VS the gain in health, saving money, avoiding car accidents, burning brain cells, people getting in to violence, rapes and murders...the choice is pretty clear.

I would also force all of you to jump around a midsummer pole and sing the little frog song...unfortunately, I would have to go against the swedish traditions of getting loaded at that time, mostly there is a serious alcohol problem
    during that event..almost everytime.

Talk about taxes, it would become too political if going in to depth about that.
    You would get parantal leave a lot, and you will have your vacation rights of 5 weeks every year (if you are over 30) and if you work in the public sector, you will have 7 weeks every year.
    You would also have health insurance, a lot of free schools...and a security if you donīt have unemployment insurance (social welfare)

And as they say in the vid below, all things are taxed in sweden..crazy, but filing the taxes takes a few minutes, while if they do in in the u.s it would take 12 hours (though I can not confirm that as to be true for everyone over there) and that maybe doesnīt matter if you get richer.

But itīs a matter of sharing and spreading the welth/welfare for all of us living here, I honestly donīt think we have anywhere near the general powerty the United states has.

This guy Stefan Thyron from portland..has a fun youtube channel, he moved here to sweden(not for the taxes but for the girl..what else )
    He and another another guy from Texas discusses their living in Sweden..not sure if it was this video, but somewhere on his many vids on his channels..he talks about the tax system, how we behave vs Americans etc..and a lot more from weather, fika (coffe break) to clothing etc.

Maybe we shouldnt take too deeply about the various economy and system, ..talks about how we dress, drink, and behave in general or other traditions is easier to discuss without going berzerk I think.
    And as can be heard in the vidīs later section, they seem to think we are party goers and seriously drinkers, not in the same level as russians, but serious heavy drinkers..and yeah, summer months in the subway
    is horrible...for me that is.

Hi Prometheus,

I wasn't really serious. Maybe you can see it as satire. I have lived from trading wine, champagne and other alcohol for over twenty years. And I've seen what alcohol can do. You have to have respect for the stuff. If you don't know how to handle alcohol responsibly, you won't survive twenty years in the business.

p.s. sorry for using your Forum :-)))))

Hi Prometheus,

I wasn't really serious. Maybe you can see it as satire. I have lived from trading wine, champagne and other alcohol for over twenty years. And I've seen what alcohol can do. You have to have respect for the stuff. If you don't know how to handle alcohol responsibly, you won't survive twenty years in the business.

p.s. sorry for using your Forum :-)))))
    You got to be kidding, did you really take my response seriously
    Itīs all ok, I didnīt perceive your comment ad "Dead" serious. Itīs just fun to expand in to the serious side of something..even though the intial debate was a bit ironic.

Enjoy the drinks...with moderation

Basic modeling capabilities in Layout and something like a weighted normals modifier would be nice. Maybe some improvements to particles/dynamics.

the stars at night are big and bright, and now, you are my forum light.
    So sit down and take a beer, and tell us why is LW 2020 not here :-)
    Nice.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast