Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously NewTek... This is your best moment for LW2020

Quote Originally Posted by kievi View Post
    Ooh...iīm sorry...I totally relied on google translate.
    And i need a tutorial vor the ° over the a :-)
    Take the "boat" out, and replace "oa" with " å " and it will mean exactly the same thing

"lightwave" will be "ljusvåg"

Hm, just a thought but I do wonder how many monthly subscription only based companies are going to go bust in the next few months ? I imagine video streaming companies will be the first to feel the pinch as people have to choose between bingeing on TV box sets....and putting food on their table. Like I said....just a thought.
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Question

Apologies for going off-topic here, but is there a way to use the IFW2 textures in recent versions of LW? I noticed them showing up in one video about OpenVDB(see attached picture).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LW_1.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	444.5 KB 
ID:	147165  

Quote Originally Posted by WaveRider View Post
    Apologies for going off-topic here, but is there a way to use the IFW2 textures in recent versions of LW? I noticed them showing up in one video about OpenVDB(see attached picture).
    Must work, as you can see in the image, that version is 2019, so I see no reason why 2019.1.5 wouldnīt.

But it depends on, not sure what the deal is now with IFW2 textures, you may have to update them from their site with a version that is compatible, but try with what you got already.

The Nodal IFW2 shaders are not compatible above LW 2015 and there will be no update. The ones in the texture channels should work.

You have to select the prcocedural node in the node editor, and then inside this node select IFW2 textures. But as Marander says, you will just have access to former texture IFW2, not nodal functions and mixers that were so great to use.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarlowe View Post
    You have to select the prcocedural node in the node editor, and then inside this node select IFW2 textures. But as Marander says, you will just have access to former texture IFW2, not nodal functions and mixers that were so great to use.
    What..wy are they limited to the procedural node? if the procedural node can access them, why not the layer nodes inside of nodes?

I know some of you love Blender as much as I do but.... Lightwave has some amazing aspects Blender simply turns to absolute crappy fudge on. I would love to see my Lightwave turn into a new beast and am waiting to support her accordingly. But, who knows, right? Maybe LW is on the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    I know some of you love Blender as much as I do but.... Lightwave has some amazing aspects Blender simply turns to absolute crappy fudge on. I would love to see my Lightwave turn into a new beast and am waiting to support her accordingly. But, who knows, right? Maybe LW is on the rocks.
    What kind of amazing aspects do you refer to?

That conversation is probably unnecessary. No need to go over it all again. Best let it go imo.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    What..wy are they limited to the procedural node? if the procedural node can access them, why not the layer nodes inside of nodes?
    With the Layer node it should work.

LW Watcher
    I'm surprise they haven't made some fantastic offer for upgrades from older versions to pull in money from hobbyists twiddling their thumbs at home to bring them back into the fold. Money is tight right now but a lot of people have spare time they don't normally get.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. (Fez) View Post
    That conversation is probably unnecessary. No need to go over it all again. Best let it go imo.
    If you wanīt to share and discuss some of the strengths of Lightwave, that is Not how to go about it.
    If you want to follow the methods of silent promoting of something you canīt really promote, that Is the way to go.

As both an Lightwave and Blender user, I am really interested to know where things may be a bottleneck in both programs, and what to choose and avoid..and that without the intent
    to discuss it from the war point of view.

And as such a silence conforming to a discussion about where something may have flaws or where something does something better, will not help in anyway.
    If there is those who feel the urge to go in to a VS war, then please advice them, I am not one of them.

As said, there is no need to go over a war again, the need is to talk soberly about how it works...and not letting fear of a flame war get in your way.

The ones in the texture channels should work
    You have to select the prcocedural node in the node editor
    Thanks. Asked just to be on the safe side before buying them. Not optimal, but it'll do.

edit:
    The shaders.co.uk website seems to be unavailable. Is there still a way to acquire a licence of IFW2 textures? Anyone know how to contact the seller directly?
    Last edited by WaveRider; 03-30-2020 at 06:31 AM.

Thanks. Asked just to be on the safe side before buying them. Not optimal, but it'll do.

edit:
    The shaders.co.uk website seems to be unavailable. Is there still a way to acquire a licence of IFW2 textures? Anyone know how to contact the seller directly?
    All the great procedurals available for lightwave, is something good, I wish blender had a fraction of it.
    To bad some of it breaks though, like the simbiont shader textures.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast