Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 66

Thread: Kelly Myers is ill (from LW liberty3d.com) now in U. S. hospital

  1. #31
    Man of many cells. shrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Eureka, CA
    Posts
    7,099
    Kelly is well enough to respond on Facebook, go talk to him! =^..^=
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing


    -----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

  2. #32
    Registered User gdkeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    296
    I have never met him, but have taken several of his courses, exchanged a couple of emails, and listened in on a couple of Twitch sessions with him on. When there seemed to be a lapse in training materials, I did find Liberty 3D to be a consistent source of help. There's no question he is an ardent and hard-core supporter of LightWave and I wish him a speedy recovery. In fact, his passion for LW still inspires to this very moment in time.

  3. #33
    Man of many cells. shrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Eureka, CA
    Posts
    7,099
    Kelly is making now bad jokes on Facebook. Good sign.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing


    -----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    Kelly is making now bad jokes on Facebook. Good sign.
    Glad to hear he has recovered from his illness
    Gary Chike

  5. #35
    The Lord grant him a speedy recovery.

  6. #36
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    17,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Soto View Post
    The Lord grant him a speedy recovery.
    Iīm pretty sure his treatment and own body did the job pretty well, nothing else from fairy tale forces....since there is none saying somebody came down and blessed just him, and screwed thousands of others who died catching the corona virus.

    Maybe he lived his life righteous, and the others didnīt.

  7. #37

    yes, keep us updated. again, best wishes.


    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

  8. #38
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    17,389
    Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    yes, keep us updated. again, best wishes.


    Yes..forgot to chime in to the Get well wishes, we need lightwave community forces like him...back on track to do what he does best..I think

  9. #39
    Still...Absolute Amateur scallahan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Salem, NH
    Posts
    243
    "Maybe he lived his life righteous, and the others didnīt."

    If lovin' Lightwave is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
    Continue to get better Kat.

  10. #40
    Man of many cells. shrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Eureka, CA
    Posts
    7,099
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Iīm pretty sure his treatment and own body did the job pretty well, nothing else from fairy tale forces....since there is none saying somebody came down and blessed just him, and screwed thousands of others who died catching the corona virus.

    Maybe he lived his life righteous, and the others didnīt.
    Let people enjoy things.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing


    -----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

  11. #41
    Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    14,741
    Ah, that's a pity. Best wishes: truly a LW stalwart.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

  12. #42
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    17,389
    Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    Let people enjoy things.
    Honestly..though I shouldnīt go in to deeper than that...the comment was offensing to me, and in my perspective..Itīs really a mockery to other human beings suffering in the whole world for other reasons, if that is something they personally enjoy as how to look at human beings that certain people are being graced and other not....then itīs just huge shame and tragic.

    If a moderator comes in and removes or point out that religious topics is off the forums, I do not wish to see promoting of religious beliefs either.

    Would you really accept someone blessing hitler and his ideology, and let people enjoy things? yeah..itīs taken to the extreme, but for some ..some beliefs are equally offensing....itīs a mockery to all those people being sent to the chamber many many years ago.

    Unfortunately I can not ellaborate too deeply why I get so upset and take so much offence, and why I do not have any ounce of tolerance for comments about prayers or being blessed and beliefs, we would go too much far of what the forum tolerates.

    But I would like to see an equal of do not promote religious thoughts in the forums, what do you expect will be the reaction of that?

    I described a very plausibe cause of his recovery, and what is not plausible...if thatīs a problem, we would have to go in to deeper discussions on the beliefs and we are off to what we shouldnīt.


    To further make a point, I know so many of you over "there" has a much more different view on all "that" and it is of course hard for me to talk with you on any of that.
    I would accept you believe in this and that...but when it is directly distinguishing humans a part as being graced and others, o..tough luck, your kind of race or your kind of living or your past life musth have
    excluded you from the mighty ones plans..tough luck..then I can not seriously just be silent and accept such mockery to other humans...and I seriously take offense, and I would think any other decent human being would as well.

    It would have been sufficient to wish Kelly well...nice to see him well etc.

  13. #43
    Man of many cells. shrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Eureka, CA
    Posts
    7,099
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Honestly..though I shouldnīt go in to deeper than that...the comment was offensing to me, and in my perspective..Itīs really a mockery to other human beings suffering in the whole world for other reasons, if that is something they personally enjoy as how to look at human beings that certain people are being graced and other not....then itīs just huge shame and tragic.

    If a moderator comes in and removes or point out that religious topics is off the forums, I do not wish to see promoting of religious beliefs either.

    Would you really accept someone blessing hitler and his ideology, and let people enjoy things? yeah..itīs taken to the extreme, but for some ..some beliefs are equally offensing....itīs a mockery to all those people being sent to the chamber many many years ago.

    Unfortunately I can not ellaborate too deeply why I get so upset and take so much offence, and why I do not have any ounce of tolerance for comments about prayers or being blessed and beliefs, we would go too much far of what the forum tolerates.

    But I would like to see an equal of do not promote religious thoughts in the forums, what do you expect will be the reaction of that?

    I described a very plausibe cause of his recovery, and what is not plausible...if thatīs a problem, we would have to go in to deeper discussions on the beliefs and we are off to what we shouldnīt.
    For many in America, it's just a polite thing to say. No need to be offended at something offered in good thoughts. Besides, what if the recipient of the nice sentiment is religious?

    Star Trek is better than Star Wars.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing


    -----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

  14. #44
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    17,389
    Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    For many in America, it's just a polite thing to say. No need to be offended at something offered in good thoughts. Besides, what if the recipient of the nice sentiment is religious?

    Star Trek is better than Star Wars.
    Note taken as for the polite thing to say, as for the recipient being religious, fine..but that is at least for me hidden in a veil, and the comment was a general implicit promotion of the wonders of the mighty, not a direct thank god you are ok Kelly statement.

    I simply loath the hidden sneaked promotion of things like that...Intentionally or none intentionally, itīs been a part of the inner mechanism of spreading beliefs over history of mankind.

    many years ago I was far more tolerant to others belief, but no more...silence against what is proclaimed as truths within beliefs is not something I ever can go back to or condone, nor should any decent human being ...unless they want to see a world transform in to governing rules of falshood.

    All this said, I can not apologize to how I reacted or responded, I can understand if the intention was just that...to be polite as you said is common, but something in the message clearly screamed to me, an implicit promotion of a certain faith.

    Unfortunately if we were to discuss tolerance and freedom of believing in anything you want, I am not one of those accepting such thoughts...that doesnīt mean I would be in some kind of army persecuting such beliefs, enforcing grim punishments, that is something we had enough of in the name of religion in the history before.
    If we were to resign to, be indifferently or silent to certain statements or beliefs..that itīs ok for every kind of belief, we would condone fascism, radical extreme religous groups as well, as we have done in previously in history.

    As for the recipient, there wasnīt really Kat as recipient for that statment, it was a general conclusion of something that seemingly should be evidently the case.

    Star trek vs Star wars?

    Thats just fantasy and a matter of taste, neither of the factors describe the real world, just our taste and opinions, it has very little impact on our real life..and canīt be compared to letīs say..the beliefs in a country practicing death penalty as the just and right thing to do, VS other countries deeming it as being considered as a way of torture and endulging our primal wishes for vengence..and not justice.

    There is a real world out there ..with real people suffering, and none that has suffered and died, has in This life been helped or saved by any prayers, nor in history...unless we enter the world of the
    unknown, at which point we have no clue on what is real or not.

    To me the concept of a " " is the biggest hoaks of all time and the biggest plague of mankind, and that is part of why I get so upset.
    Itīs like someone would say, hitler wasnīt so wrong with his thoughts, or doings...extremely offensive, I really do not see the difference in the concept ideas when it pertains none plausability.

    But I think we shouldnīt go deeper than that now, itīs already growing like a virus ..once I get started you know.

    Thanks anyway for your thoughts shrox..I know you are a humble guy, much more so than me when it comes to tolerance towards someones opinions.

    Best is if Kelly shows up and describes the condition and how the treatment was, if itīs not too intimate and if he wantīs to.
    But god darn him if he says the cure was Lightwave

  15. #45

    To me the concept of a " " is the biggest hoaks of all time and the biggest plague of mankind, and that is part of why I get so upset.
    true, 2 people i know said, good people will survive, bad people will die.

    they are both religious.

    that said, no one should be offended by best wishes, nor God bless you.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •