Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Myers is ill (from LW liberty3d.com) now in U. S. hospital

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Iīm pretty sure his treatment and own body did the job pretty well, nothing else from fairy tale forces....since there is none saying somebody came down and blessed just him, and screwed thousands of others who died catching the corona virus.

Maybe he lived his life righteous, and the others didnīt.

This needs a +1
    So much water, so few sharks.

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence

If a moderator comes in and removes or point out that religious topics is off the forums, I do not wish to see promoting of religious beliefs either ... (snip)
    And broadly, I agree fwiw. This forum is not here for the promotion of any particular religious persuasion nor even a general religious view; neither does it exist to all the denigration of such views, or those who may hold them.

But I would like to see an equal of do not promote religious thoughts in the forums, what do you expect will be the reaction of that?
    And I agree enforcement, such as is required, should be balanced - no favoritism. That said the whole approach to these things, which are so endemic to humanity and culture, needs to be balanced. A little tolerance on all our parts defuses potential for irritation. It would be frustrating to everyone (and a full-time job for me) if every little nuance one way or the other had to be squashed. If someone says "Good luck!", is that a religious sentiment? a simple "Goodbye" can be argued to have its roots in prayer.

At the same time, I can tell you moderation will much more likely ensue for a comment that seems to embody something negative, possibly denigrating (or provoking) another person or persons for any reason (religion, skin color, body mass, hairline, whatever). Living in 'the Bible Belt' as I do now, I notice a sharp uptick in comments that some would see as having 'churchy' overtones, but generally these are offered with a kindly intention (arguably akin to the aforementioned 'Good luck!). I'm aware that some might take the hard view that these represent some sort of sanctimonious attitude, but I doubt even a profoundly anti-religious person would feel that this is true of everyone, or find it useful to expend much time chewing people out for it.

But we're way OT here, good folk.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Get well soon Kat. Hopefully it's just a hair ball and you'll spit it out soon and back on your feet!

Steve
    Somewhere between the Darkness and the Light

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    And broadly, I agree fwiw. This forum is not here for the promotion of any particular religious persuasion nor even a general religious view; neither does it exist to all the denigration of such views, or those who may hold them.

And I agree enforcement, such as is required, should be balanced - no favoritism. That said the whole approach to these things, which are so endemic to humanity and culture, needs to be balanced. A little tolerance on all our parts defuses potential for irritation. It would be frustrating to everyone (and a full-time job for me) if every little nuance one way or the other had to be squashed. If someone says "Good luck!", is that a religious sentiment? a simple "Goodbye" can be argued to have its roots in prayer.

At the same time, I can tell you moderation will much more likely ensue for a comment that seems to embody something negative, possibly denigrating (or provoking) another person or persons for any reason (religion, skin color, body mass, hairline, whatever). Living in 'the Bible Belt' as I do now, I notice a sharp uptick in comments that some would see as having 'churchy' overtones, but generally these are offered with a kindly intention (arguably akin to the aforementioned 'Good luck!). I'm aware that some might take the hard view that these represent some sort of sanctimonious attitude, but I doubt even a profoundly anti-religious person would feel that this is true of everyone, or find it useful to expend much time chewing people out for it.

But we're way OT here, good folk.
    Thanks for the clarifications, that was a "Coffee with Jesus" moment. (Search for it, it's pretty funny.)
    Last edited by shrox; 03-24-2020 at 09:43 AM.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Make a bunch of assumptions based on a simple statement, shout it down fanatically, and then proceed to promote alternative beliefs as absolute truth. ...Or maybe practice a little tolerance.

Anyhow, get well Kelly, and stay healthy all.

yeah, considering a trip outside... (away from crowds of course)
    sitting too much still here...

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    yeah, considering a trip outside... (away from crowds of course)
    sitting too much still here...

Yeah...I was out yesterday..donīt take the virus situation as an excuse to sit at home it was a bit chilly but I had a nice walk around the village and forrest.

God luck, and that I say with no intent to offend someone, if it by any chance could be considered as having religious undertones

Yeah...I was out yesterday..donīt take the virus situation as an excuse to sit at home it was a bit chilly but I had a nice walk around the village and forrest.

God luck, and that I say with no intent to offend someone, if it by any chance could be considered as having religious undertones
    Well, that's magically delicious, I'm guessing you mean "good". That's very funny actually.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Quote Originally Posted by shrox View Post
    Well, that's magically delicious, I'm guessing you mean "good". That's very funny actually.
    LOL

That was in fact unintentionally, and sloppy Swenglish of me, I suspect that often happen sometimes, at least for me...because of the swedish word for "Good luck" is kind of "God lycka" with other words..in swedish "Good"
    spells with one "o" so god lycka is that phrase exactly translated word by word, but we donīt say it that way...we say "lycka till" sort of like " luck to ..or luck to you"

Godspeed I havenīt analyzed where it derives from ..donīt think we have anything close to that in Sweden.

O course I know about how to spell it normally, but sometimes the Swenglish getīs in the way when the words are very similar..and the brain isnīt properly focused.

So many funny direct reading with english to swedish... and vice versa, "dog" in english is "died" and "kiss" is " pee" in swedish, and Brad Pittīs (surname)you have to google that upp.

And "god" in swedish direct reading (not translation) as mentioned, is nothing more than translated in english as "good"

You have to forgive me for some milliseconds of mental confusion, as long it doesnīt continue over hours and days or years, it will be fine.

true, 2 people i know said, good people will survive, bad people will die.

they are both religious.

that said, no one should be offended by best wishes, nor God bless you.
    Depends If the kind of wishes contains an inherent affront towards other humans conditions, where it in fact by itīs nature distinguishes human values from others, I get extremely upset..even if the main intent may not have been to work like that..as mentioned, berniestokes made another comment that I just donīt react to the same way.

And no one can really tell me what I should or not should be offended to, we all have different values... not sure if I misread the whole comment, but I didnīt perceive it as a general best wishes phrase, more a confirming statement.

The comment wasnīt in sync with the concept of no one should be offended by (best wishes, nor God bless you)
    The comment was..."The Lord grant him a speedy recovery. " which is quite different, and it may be perceived quite different.

Perhaps there is a difference in the language where I perceived it as "granted" and where "grant" in fact is a more of a predefined wish than confirmation.

true, 2 people i know said, good people will survive, bad people will die.

they are both religious.

that said, no one should be offended by best wishes, nor God bless you.
    Unfortunately, this canīt be disscussed openly here on the forums, where I would have a lot to say about this and the mechanisms of how things are made to seperate peoples value of god and evil, who will survive and who deserves their illness and why they are sick etc...it would have to include a discussion with religion in focus.

The comment wasnīt in sync with the concept of no one should be offended by (best wishes, nor God bless you)
    The comment was..."The Lord grant him a speedy recovery. " which is quite different, and it may be perceived quite different.

Perhaps there is a difference in the language where I perceived it as "granted" and where "grant" in fact is a more of a predefined wish than confirmation.
    I think the latter is probably correct, but in either case I think it would be a stretch to take it as having malign intent.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Unfortunately, this canīt be disscussed openly here on the forums, where I would have a lot to say about this and the mechanisms of how things are made to seperate peoples value of god and evil, who will survive and who deserves their illness and why they are sick etc...it would have to include a discussion with religion in focus.
    As would I - but I'm pretty sure there are forums designed for that purpose, if one wishes to engage in that conversation.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

I think the latter is probably correct, but in either case I think it would be a stretch to take it as having malign intent.
    Canīt agree on that..for a former case that is, even if it not was intended as malign intent from the person providing the comment, the comment itself and itīs message would be..if the former case was to be considered that is.
    There are a lot of religious people with nothing but pure good will to most others, I do not deny that..itīs the mechanisms behind it all that is malignent...from my point of view and many others.

As would I - but I'm pretty sure there are forums designed for that purpose, if one wishes to engage in that conversation.
    Of course there is, but I was never planning to go in depth with this, I made a fairly simple respons ..but a bit of a sour hint about the mighty and the perception of some people blessed, and others not..for some reasons, not towards the commenter.

Shrox jumped in and mayed a comment about letting people enjoy..Things, and that is where I just had to explain...otherwise I wouldnīt have continued that journey.
    Should I go to another forum...or comment on youtube, which I have done from time to time..but not so much more, I would have to spend days commenting and responding, with people you can not reason with

Should I have perceived the message wrong here from starters, then I would consider myself wrong, and it would only be stupid of anyone and me not confirming if something is interpreted wrong.

Iīs fantastic how we can spend so much time on this

This is all I said, Initiallly as a response..

"Iīm pretty sure his treatment and own body did the job pretty well, nothing else from fairy tale forces....since there is none saying somebody came down and blessed just him, and screwed thousands of others who died catching the corona virus.

Maybe he lived his life righteous, and the others didnīt."

And Letīs hope Kelly and all of you can avoid getting the Corona virus, or something else for that matter that affects your health, then again hoping and crossing my fingers wonīt help...decent advices to stay at home as much as you can, eat and sleep well..excercise, good hygien...that will help, and follow the experts advices...if they seem sound.
    Personally I am not going out for a week or two..with the exception of emptying garbage and taking a walk in the forrest...but no shopping and meetings with others.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast