Thread: System restore questions...

System restore questions...

I have a Tricaster Mini HD-4(AE2) and Tricaster 410(AE3) and a couple of questions.

1/ Recently I rebuilt the TC mini from the restore partition and updated Windows along the way with all the latest updates not knowing at this stage that this is not advised.

Do I have to repeat all this without the Windows updates or is it okay to leave as is? What problems should I be looking out for?

2/ I also rebuilt my TC-410 from the restore partition and all goes well until I get to AE3 and receive the message in the the attachment Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	147079

Can anyone help me with this? If I click 'abort' it removes all TC files from my system drive! 'retry' does nothing and 'ignore' completes the install but with warning messages!

Any help or advice on either issue will be greatly appreciated...

1. Windows Updates are not require and disabled by default on Windows 7 systems, but you can install them if you wish.

2. Press Ignore, that is the SpeedHQ codec which appeared to be in use, but it should be okay.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks Kanep.

The reason for performing the system restore on the TC410 was after installing AE3 it wrongly identifies itself as a TC1.
    Newtek live chat support advised I restore it. So I have and it still thinks it is a TC1!
    Have you seen this behaviour before?

It says this in the About TriCaster information on the home screen? I don't have a TC410 to test.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    It says this in the About TriCaster information on the home screen? I don't have a TC410 to test.
    Kanep, that reports correctly Click image for larger version. 

Name:	410.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	147082 but when I run updates it comes back with updates for a TC1! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tc1 updates.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	147083

As long as the system reports itself correctly in the 'About' then don't worry about it. On the download site will notice that AE3, 410 Plus, Mini 4K and TC1 all run on the same version number of software.

Just for my information, what is the exact name of the installer tool you are running? Mine it called 'Download NewTek TriCaster ADV3'.
    Last edited by kanep; 03-16-2020 at 10:20 AM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    As long as the system reports itself correctly in the 'About' then don't worry about it. On the download site will notice that AE3, 410 Plus, Mini 4K and TC1 all run on the same version number of software.

Just for my information, what is the exact name of the installer tool you are running? Mine it called 'Download NewTek TriCaster ADV3'.
    Unfortunately I have deleted this already but it was downloaded from the Newtek downloads page.