Thread: System restore questions...

System restore questions...

I have a Tricaster Mini HD-4(AE2) and Tricaster 410(AE3) and a couple of questions.

1/ Recently I rebuilt the TC mini from the restore partition and updated Windows along the way with all the latest updates not knowing at this stage that this is not advised.

Do I have to repeat all this without the Windows updates or is it okay to leave as is? What problems should I be looking out for?

2/ I also rebuilt my TC-410 from the restore partition and all goes well until I get to AE3 and receive the message in the the attachment Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	147079

Can anyone help me with this? If I click 'abort' it removes all TC files from my system drive! 'retry' does nothing and 'ignore' completes the install but with warning messages!

Any help or advice on either issue will be greatly appreciated...

1. Windows Updates are not require and disabled by default on Windows 7 systems, but you can install them if you wish.

2. Press Ignore, that is the SpeedHQ codec which appeared to be in use, but it should be okay.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks Kanep.

The reason for performing the system restore on the TC410 was after installing AE3 it wrongly identifies itself as a TC1.
    Newtek live chat support advised I restore it. So I have and it still thinks it is a TC1!
    Have you seen this behaviour before?

It says this in the About TriCaster information on the home screen? I don't have a TC410 to test.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    It says this in the About TriCaster information on the home screen? I don't have a TC410 to test.
    Kanep, that reports correctly Click image for larger version. 

Name:	410.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	147082 but when I run updates it comes back with updates for a TC1! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tc1 updates.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	147083

As long as the system reports itself correctly in the 'About' then don't worry about it. On the download site will notice that AE3, 410 Plus, Mini 4K and TC1 all run on the same version number of software.

Just for my information, what is the exact name of the installer tool you are running? Mine it called 'Download NewTek TriCaster ADV3'.
    Last edited by kanep; 03-16-2020 at 10:20 AM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

As long as the system reports itself correctly in the 'About' then don't worry about it. On the download site will notice that AE3, 410 Plus, Mini 4K and TC1 all run on the same version number of software.

Just for my information, what is the exact name of the installer tool you are running? Mine it called 'Download NewTek TriCaster ADV3'.
    Unfortunately I have deleted this already but it was downloaded from the Newtek downloads page.

Hi all
    I am Having a similar problem might tricastor 410 plus

I’m on version 7-3-700403 and trying to update to the latest version, but The system is asking for installer ADV3 that it can’t find

Anyone help with this.

Kind regards

Joe

"[QUOTE=BBZ Studios;1595233]Hi all
    I am Having a similar problem might tricastor 410 plus

I’m on version 7-3-700403 and trying to update to the latest version, but The system is asking for installer ADV3 that it can’t find

Anyone help with this.

Kind regards

Joe[/QUOTE
    AMrokestah

Unfortunately I have deleted this already but it was downloaded from the Newtek downloads page.
    03-16-2020, 10:16 AMkanep

03-16-2020, 09:44 AMrokestah
    Kanep, that reports correctly Attachment 147082 but when I run updates it comes back with updates for a TC1! Attachment 147083
    03-15-2020, 07:59 PMkanep
    03-15-2020, 01:55 AMrokestah
    Thanks Kanep.

The reason for performing the system restore on the TC410 was after installing AE3 it wrongly identifies itself as a TC1.
    Newtek live chat support advised I restore it. So I have and it still thinks it is a TC1!
    Have you seen this behaviour before?
    03-14-2020, 12:42 PMkanep
    1. Windows Updates are not require and disabled by default on Windows 7 systems, but you can install them if you wish.

2. Press Ignore, that is the SpeedHQ codec which appeared to be in use, but it should be okay.
    03-14-2020, 09:11 AMrokestah
    System restore questions...

I have a Tricaster Mini HD-4(AE2) and Tricaster 410(AE3) and a couple of questions.

1/ Recently I rebuilt the TC mini from the restore partition and updated Windows along the way with all the latest updates not knowing at this stage that this is not advised.

Do I have to repeat all this without the Windows updates or is it okay to leave as is? What problems should I be looking out for?

2/ I also rebuilt my TC-410 from the restore partition and all goes well until I get to AE3 and receive the message in the the attachment Attachment 147079

Can anyone help me with this? If I click 'abort' it removes all TC files from my system drive! 'retry' does nothing and 'ignore' completes the install but with warning messages!

Any help or advice on either issue will be greatly appreciated...

Thank you , rolestah... I think my issue could be different to yours, I will always upgraded my Tricaster 410 plus using the correct download ie 410+ . Not TC1 ,

The last update was fine.

But then we noticed we had a problem trying to login to YouTube to do a live stream .. we couldn’t login and still can’t.. we had to create a custom set up.

So on Monday we noticed there was an update for this issue Version 7-3-200515

We are currently running version 7-3-200408 , but when we try to update to 7-3-200515 it won’t update because the Tricaater is looking for the installer software ADV3 ,but it can’t find it .

So at the moment we are stuck on version 7-3-200403.

We believe that 7-3-200515 Will sort out the issue with YouTube. We just tying to understand if this is bug or whether we need to do a complete re-instalment. Thanks!

Kind regards

Joe

Thank you , rolestah... I think my issue could be different to yours, I will always upgraded my Tricaster 410 plus using the correct download ie 410+ . Not TC1 ,

The last update was fine.

But then we noticed we had a problem trying to login to YouTube to do a live stream .. we couldn’t login and still can’t.. we had to create a custom set up.

So on Monday we noticed there was an update for this issue Version 7-3-200515

We are currently running version 7-3-200408 , but when we try to update to 7-3-200515 it won’t update because the Tricaater is looking for the installer software ADV3 ,but it can’t find it .

So at the moment we are stuck on version 7-3-200403.

We believe that 7-3-200515 Will sort out the issue with YouTube. We just tying to understand if this is bug or whether we need to do a complete re-instalment. Thanks!

Kind regards

Joe

Yes, the 5-15 AE3 update resolves auto login on YouTube. However, you could still log into YouTube using legacy parameters they supply. We did it for a couple of weeks while this was being resolved and it worked fine.

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

Hi Thank you

So what do I need to get my Tricaater T410 plus back to normal update downloads? AE3

Kind regards

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BBZ Studios View Post
    Hi Thank you

So what do I need to get my Tricaater T410 plus back to normal update downloads? AE3

Kind regards

Joe
    I'd contact support.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Hi Kane
    I managed to get my tricastor 410 plus updated and all is well again, Apart from Premier access I had a free six months trial which I upload recently but now it looks as though I’ve lost that I have tried reactivating Premier access without much success any ideas?
    Kind regards
    Joe

Contact support and they should be able to get the Premium Access code reset for you.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.